Baer Creek Trail

Baer Creek Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kaysville, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

The trail used for the Bair Gutsman race that goes from the base of the mountains in Fruit Heights to Francis Peak. Steep climbs, great views, and a challenging race.

This trail gets pretty steep and sometimes narrow so the way back downhill was a little technical but overall great trail. I'd recommend starting early because I started at 1pm and it was HOT.

As of 6/10, the trail to the top of Francis Peak (The very last push up to the ridge) is still kinda sketchy unless you have the proper gear to deal with it (a la microspikes/ice axe). If you plan on getting to the summit, bring it with you. The snow was still hard enough to where those things would be effective. This hike is rough, but it gets so cool the further up you go.

Great Family Hike and kid friendly. We stopped at the bridge and played in the water. It was a perfect short hike for anyone wishing to hike with a few kids.

Lower section to the bottom bridge great kid hike. I would not take them any higher water still flowing high at all crossings. Beautiful hike though

such a rad hike. great views. multiple crossings (prepare to dampen the feet if you go around now), beautiful hike

One of my favorites

Great hike with low pressure! Get past the river crossings and your good to go. Creek is flowing hard! At mile 2.5 the climb gets intense! Difficult for sure. Still some large snow drifts towards the top that make it tough to go all the way! Downhill is painful on the knees.. give it a go! Definitely worth a shot! Beautiful view the entire way!

Some sketchy parts after the first bridge, but my stubborn butt completed it while it was raining. Will do again!!!

I took my 3 boys (9-12) up this trail to the third creek crossing. That crossing looked a little sketchy - almost sure to get feet wet above the ankle (and the water was moving swiftly) so we opted to head back at that point. It was a soundly challenging hike. Some sections past the first bridge were significantly eroded, and it made for tenuous passage for shorter legs.
The traffic was minimal. We only saw one other couple down lower. Maybe it being Easter Sunday had something to do with it.

We didn't see any critters, and the bugs were minimal. The sound of the creek was ever present and the newly leafing trees were delightful.

I am definitely looking forward to tackling the whole thing by the end of this summer.

Did this with my 4yr old, my 2 yr old and my 9 month old on my back to the footbridge. Good little hike! We turned back because it was getting dark but next time we'll go farther.

- Christian

great workout would do it again!

did anyone find the cave the introduction refers to?