Avenue Twin Peaks

Avenue Twin Peaks is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I found this to be an enjoyable hike. Though you gain a bit of elevation, the fact you go up and down about 4 to 5 small hills before getting to the twin peaks made it less intense for me (even compared to switchbacks, which this trail doesn't have). We pansied out before the last peak. We only went up to the first peak, so we will have to come back someday to do the second peak. To add... this is our first time doing this trail- the trail had snowy sections, some slightly muddy sections and clear (packed mud with some loose stones) sections. I feel the snow actually made the hike a little easier going up and down some of the hills. I guess when it's not snowy, these paths may have more pebbles and rocks which could make it a bit harder to walk up and down. The good thing with the snow on the path this day was in most places it was packed down or powder, there were very few sections that were slippery, and only near the beginning of the trail did I notice ice... so that made it very enjoyable! (The entire journey took 3 hours - 1.5 hr up, and 1.5 hr back.. but I am a slow hiker....)

Would be good easy hike for sunset

Great trail to see the rolling hills. Perfect during sunset hours!