Antelope Island State Park Loop

Antelope Island State Park Loop is a 7.3 mile loop trail located near Syracuse, Utah that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for trail running and mountain biking.

Amazing island! Just watch out for those bugs. I went April 14th and it was in the 50s so the bugs weren't too bad. But I can't imagine it being tolerable with anymore

Amazing!

Beautiful hiking with lots of trails. Got a late start to the day- so while had only few hours to hike, had awesome sunset views over the lake as the sun was setting. Will absolutely go back again.
There April 2: mosquitoes were annoying at lower elevation, not so much the higher we climbed. Considering it was still getting into the 30s at night- I can well imagine bugs could be an issue in warmer months.
Saw plenty of buffalo, birds. No antelope sadly.
The geology of the island itself is fascinating. You can literally see/feel the the evolution of the island while walking.

great for snowshoeing, and animal spotting.

Good trial

Took the mountain bikes on this trail, it was a lot of fun

Lots to see. Many trail options.

Great walk lots of deer and buffalo

A very visually interesting place to drive around and then get out and walk in a few places. Great for some landscape photography. I saw one buffalo and no antelope.

Not really much hiking but really fun for the family

scenic driving

Pretty island, great views of the Great Salt Lake, fun hiking trails, but the bugs can be bad

Absolutely beautiful island. The wildlife and the views of the lake are stunning. You can hike pretty much anywhere around the island and there are a few lookout points that are nice. Also a great place to bring dogs since it's so open.

However, do NOT go during bug season! I thought September would be late enough to avoid the bugs but I was wrong. I have never seen so many bugs! At night the swarms were so dense we couldn't do anything, including eat dinner or hang out outside of our tent. Would definitely recommend going when there are less bugs, maybe later in the season.

Antelope Island is a beautiful and unique place to visit. We were lucky in September and saw lots of buffalo and even a couple of antelope. The island has a certain romantic quality that comes across in photographs. We drove around the island stopping here and there to take pictures and makes for a nice trip for those who may have difficulty walking.

scenic driving

We live 2 miles from the entrance and make it a point every summer to visit. It doesn't look like much but we enjoy the driving and taking pictures of the wild life out there. The kids always enjoy the small walk on "the beach", the museum, and and having buffalo burgers there.

I call this home and run the trails here 2-3 times per week from Fall to Spring.. This is the home of the Buffalo Run a local trail runners favorite in the spring.. Great venue, great everything for that matter

I live in Phoenix and frequently travel to Salt Lake City for work. I try to sneak a ride in during my spring, summer and fall trips. Antelope Island easily blew my mind. Split Rock Trail out around Elephant Head, though not very technical (it has its moments, though!), affords stunning views across The Lake unlike any other place. Ride it in early June, and you'll be treated to a beautiful wildflower display as well. The bison and antelope are pretty cool; in fact my first ride out on the island provided my one and only time I could use the "I am late to work this morning because I had a staring standoff with a buffalo" excuse. No kidding. Just me, my Jamis, the lone bison standing his ground between me and my rental car, and a newly risen sun. It was a glorious solo ride I don't think I will ever forget, nor would I want to.