Angel's Palace Trail is a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cannonville, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 1.4 miles Elevation Gain: 226 feet Route Type: Loop

Very nice trail- little work for nice reward (amazing views!). Just keep following the trail to the right and you should be able to stay on course. But if you wander there are plenty of sign posts to guide you.

Beautiful trail. Easy to follow at the bottom with lots of spots for shade. The upper part of the trail is a different story. Pack water in hot weather.

Great trail. Not too hard even carrying kids. It’s a little hard to follow the trail when you get near the top- there are trails crisscrossing all over but they all generally meet up with the main trail

Trails gets a bit scary but worth it to see the park at a higher elevation. My dog had a easy time doing this trail.

Wear crampons

Really beautiful views of Kodachrome and all the way to Bryce. We thought it was well marked with signs. Fun hike and amazing views. Trailhead is right across from very nice bathrooms

not a great trail but a good one with very good views.

A great short hike that was easy and beautiful. I thought it was relatively poorly marked in certain spots, but getting lost was part of the fun. Direct sunlight at mid day.

Easy trail with lots of picturesque photo spots. Unlike anything you have seen in either Bryce Canyon or Arches NP. Highly recommended.

Once you get to the top, there are many different directions to explore. There are signs at various intersections pointing back to the Trail Head labeled "TH". We went up there looking for the state park's advertised geocache but alas, it was no longer there. We saw the bolt into the rock that previously held it, but no cache.

I agree with some other reviews regarding trail being poorly marked. Nice hike and hardly anyone there. Not much shade. Beautiful views.

Fri May 24 2019

very good for looking at one of Earths wonders. trails easy to moderate and very poorly marked. a good mix of hikers and everyone we asked were confused by this parks markers. could not interrupt up or down. some took you to dead ends. our day vary muddy cold and hail but that made it all the more interesting

Mon May 20 2019

very lovely hike and not crowded. go early and bring water and snacks and sunblock

Wed May 08 2019

It was alright; there wasn’t anything really exciting about it. But, at 1.4 miles you might as well do it.

Tue Apr 23 2019

Sweet little trail! Short, gives you amazing views. Some narrow cliff edges which I steered clear of... but plenty of flat space at the top to walk around and take some pics!

Wed Apr 17 2019

Wed Mar 27 2019

Real easy hike with amazing views.

Mon Mar 25 2019

Beautiful trail. The colors of the small canyon alone would make this worth it, but the view when you get to the top just is icing on the cake. Some parts with minor scrambling that weren't a big issue for us but might be more difficult for young kids or people with mobility issues.

Tue Jan 08 2019

Easily my favorite trail in the park. I hiked this with my pup two weeks ago and loved it! It’s pretty easy and not very far distance wise. There are so many places to stop and take pictures of the views. The only downside is that we lost the trail and wandered a bit(not marked super well and most the ground was snow covered). I would hike this again in warmer weather!

Wed Aug 22 2018

Great trail, but very hot during the Summer. Be at the end of the trail at sunset for great pictures

Sun Jul 01 2018

Nice short hike. The views we're good and formations were interesting.

Mon Jun 25 2018

Easy and fun trail. It is kind of a mix between Arches and Goblin Valley. Great views of all different rock formations and very few people in the park.

Wed Jun 20 2018

Probably the best trail in Kodachrome. Expansive views, interesting rock features. If you only do one trail in Kodachrome, it should be this one.

Fri May 11 2018

Easy trail but I'd imagine it would be rather hot during the summer. There's not much shade but the views are spectacular.

Tue Apr 03 2018

Short hike, that takes you on top of this cliff/mountain top, which is called angels palace. From the top you can see the parts of the Kodachrome basin. If you’re afraid of heights, it’s not too bad, just stay back from the part of the trail that is kind of narrow and you can still see the beautiful views. We only hiked part of the trail since we were short on time but we still got to see the views, if you have the time you can go around the entire loop which is only 1.5 miles. Plus, I started to record the hike about a quarter of a mile in (oops I forgot). Easy hike and path was marked very well. It’s safe for all ages, we saw kids as young as 4 there.

Mon Feb 19 2018

Awesome hike. Easy. Great views everywhere you look. My kids loved it too! Saw tons of fresh mule deer tracks...wish we would have seen the deer too!

Mon Oct 16 2017

dog friendly gorgeous easy hike!

Mon Sep 04 2017

Great for evening or morning photos, but midday summer time is too hot to enjoy. Very little shade.

Tue Jul 11 2017

Cool views. Similar to Garden of the Gods in CO.