Angels Landing Trail

HARD 1,134 reviews

Angels Landing Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Hurricane, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October.

2073 feet

This is a strenuous trail in Zion National Park with steep drop-offs and very narrow sections. Not for anyone afraid of heights! The first 2-miles are paved and well-maintained. Most of the path is sunny, but Refrigerator Canyon offers shade and often a cool breeze. Ends at summit 1500 feet above Zion Canyon. Last 0.5 mi (0.8 km) follows a steep, narrow ridge; chains have been added in the most difficult areas. This is a good early morning hike. Make sure to allow time to be off the trail by dark if starting late in the day. The last half-mile is across a narrow sandstone ridge. Anchored support chains are attached along some sections of the sheer fin. Sheer cliffs at high elevations while hiking on a narrow fin. Avoid standing near the edge at all times! Do not hike the trail when it is wet, storming, or when high winds are present.

14 minutes ago

I did this hike at high noon in July. The trail is not shaded but there are enough small trees on the way up that u can stop and get some relief from the sun. Once you hit the canyon section (mid-way up), the narrow canyon walls block the direct sunlight and provide an oasis full of trees, bird song and beautiful rock formations. Scenic beauty the entire way. The view from Angel's Landing should be on everyone's bucket list.

the elevation makes it tough but before you know it, you're there!!

Breathtaking! After hiking Angels highly suggest doing the emerald pools hike - doing both hikes are perfect length to do in less than 1 day and both very rewarding. Emerald pools takes you back to the main centre in the park. Waterfalls and views and beautiful changes in scenery.

I've recently been travelling around national parks and had huge expectations for this hike based on what everyone on here was saying about it... but was left a little bit disappointed. It's not a particularly hard track unless you're unfit. The view was pretty cool but perhaps because I'd seen pictures earlier it ruined the surprise. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret the hike, it is worth your time, but there were a few other hikes I enjoyed more in other surrounding national parks. If you only had one day in Zion and had to pick between Angel's Landing and the Narrows (weather permitting), choose the latter. Either way, get an early start... or go in the late afternoon. I was thinking the sunset from Angel's Landing would look pretty special when I was up there.

Me and my friend want to go to see Zion National park for the first time. I would like to hike this trail but I do not know how this works. I read some comments and it helps a little bit but still its not clear. Can you please give me some instructions what to do when I arrive there ( where to park, how to get to the hiking trail, can I go by myself or there is some special package and people that guide me through this hike) my email: stefanbojan456@gmail.com

Pretty easy If you are in relatively good shape. Just a big nono if you are afraid of heights.

It was an insane hike that I did last spring break, and I would do it again one hundred times. It was pretty moderate up until parts where you had to hold onto chains when you're right up against the edge of a cliff. It freaked me out a little bit Igor over it. There was also a really cool area of switch backs. The view at the end makes the entire thing worth it.

Awesome hike. Would not recommend hiking this in high temps (over 100 degrees). Bring plenty of water and enjoy the views.