Angels Landing Trail

Angels Landing Trail is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Hurricane, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October.

4.4 miles 2073 feet Out & Back

This is a strenuous trail in Zion National Park with steep drop-offs and very narrow sections. Not for anyone afraid of heights! The first 2-miles are paved and well-maintained. Most of the path is sunny, but Refrigerator Canyon offers shade and often a cool breeze. Ends at summit 1500 feet above Zion Canyon. Last 0.5 mi (0.8 km) follows a steep, narrow ridge; chains have been added in the most difficult areas. This is a good early morning hike. Make sure to allow time to be off the trail by dark if starting late in the day. The last half-mile is across a narrow sandstone ridge. Anchored support chains are attached along some sections of the sheer fin. Sheer cliffs at high elevations while hiking on a narrow fin. Avoid standing near the edge at all times! Do not hike the trail when it is wet, storming, or when high winds are present.

Absolutely worth the hike for the incredible view at the top! I have a slight fear of heights and had no trouble doing this trail. The switchbacks and the back down the narrow pass were the hardest on the knees. If you are in Zion you must must give it a go but do so early. We started at 7:30 and missed the human conga line.

Most terrifying hike I have ever done. Strenuous uphill hike in then you hit the chains. Still feel queasy. Beautiful scenery and very glad I had the balls to do but never again!

It is amazing!! , strenuous but doable. Wear good shoes , water and snacks is must. Afraid of heights, not for you. Some areas are very scary. Once you get through those , you made it. One of the best hike I have ever done .

Super fun but be ready for a multitude of hiking types!

So I'm a huge believer in go as far as you can and at least try...see all you can! So glad we did. It's a huff and a puff up this steep trail. Pausing to take a look back over Zion Canyon is incredible...every time you look back..wow! The higher you get, the more beautiful...so there's your incentive. Recommend early morning start & lots of water. Zion takes your heart and your breath away! Can't wait to go back.

Tell yourself you can do it! Awesome trail!

Words can not describe the amazing view. My husband and I did the trail total in 4 hours. Like everyone mentioned START EARLY. We started our trail around 8 and it wasn't so bad but on the way down and back. OMG it was so crowded but everyone was very nice and kind. We were all kind of wait for our turn to climb up or down, no one was rushing. Hubby and I are both afraid of height and we climbed to the top. It is not as bad as it looks. Just need to pay attention to the trail and you will not regret it once you get the see what Angel's Landing has to offer.

It's a amazing trail, but so many traffic. Start your hike early in the morning. Take enough water with you and not a to big and heavy backpack. The end of the trail is heavy and scary.