Angels Landing Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Springdale, Utah that offers scenic views and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from February until October.

Angels Landing is a strenuous trail in Zion National Park with steep drop-offs and very narrow sections - it is also the most popular hike in Zion. Start by parking at The Grotto trailhead, or taking the West Rim Shuttle to The Grotto shuttle stop. Begin by crossing a bridge over the Virgin River, the first 2-miles of the West Rim Trail are a well-maintained, paved trail. Most of the path is sunny, but Refrigerator Canyon offers shade and often a cool breeze. The trail takes you up Walter's Wiggles, a set of 21 steep switchbacks that take their name from Walter Ruesch, Zion National Park’s first superintendent. The last half-mile (0.8 km) follows a steep and narrow ridge from Scout Lookout to Angels Landing itself, a fantastic observation point 1500 feet above Zion Canyon. Anchored support chains are attached along some sections of the sheer cliff. You are rewarded with an excellent view of the main canyon at the top. Avoid standing near the edge at all times! Do not hike the trail when it is wet, storming, or when high winds are present. If you are afraid of heights this trail is not recommended. This is a good early morning hike to check off your bucket list - it will surely be one of you favorite hikes! Make sure to allow time to be off the trail by dark if starting late in the day.

Angel's Landing is a great hike, but start out early to avoid the large crowds. The trail can get backed up with people which can lead to gridlock. I went as far as the chains, but the gusty winds stopped me from going to the spine. This trail seemed easier than Observation Point which I had done a few days earlier.

Going up/down the chains was fun — but not for those with a fear of heights. Did it later in the day so there was less waiting on the way down.

This hike is amazing! You get awesome views, a great workout, and some adrenaline with the drop offs :). We just hiked it yesterday. It was a Saturday and UEA weekend in Utah so I knew it would be busy. We got there by 6:50 to catch the first shuttle. We actually didn’t make the first shuttle but waited 10 minutes and caught the second. The hike took us 2.5 hours but we kept a good pace. Going up was great and not many people. Coming back down, the people started coming and we were slowed a bit. The weather in the fall is perfect. We started a little chilly but were just right with a light jacket the rest of the way. By the time we got back to our cars around 11, the line for a shuttle was probably a two hour wait so get there early if you want to avoid the crowds.

Amazing trail! it's mostly paves until you get to the overlook. Be prepared for a lot of switchbacks. Another trail that you should get there early to beat the crowds, especially if you do the part with the chains. I'm afraid of heights and I was able to do the chains part, just go slow and focus on your steps, it's totally worth it to go to the end. My GPS said the trail is longer than 4.1 miles but who knows.

Amazing views and a really fun hike. There was a grid lock on the end part at angels landing where people couldn’t move for twenty minutes!

Breathtakingly beautiful! Fairly intense. The peak is not for those afraid of heights. However, Hiking to the first saddle is a must do even for the faint and fearful hearted.

Definitely a tough trail, but worth the effort. Took us just under 4 hours.

The views are spectacular, but the crowds are not. On the final ascent, be prepared to wait in a queue line up a precipitous ridge. Impatient people will climb around you and put you at risk.

Awesome hike with spectacular views!

Just hiked Angels Landing last week and it’s everything that everyone says about it and then some!! Be ready for nothing but adventure!!

Great hike!

Best hike ever, there are stops on the way for taking in the view. Intense but oh so worth it.

Best hike ever!! Short and intense! It’s a lot more intimidating than it looks. Once you’re on the trail holding on to chains, you will realize it’s not as scary as it looks.

Absolutely incredible. Easily the best hike of my life. I wussed out on the final ascent and still loved it.

Amazing hike but if want to avoid the urbanites get an early start or take a bike on a late shuttle.

Lives up to the hype. Yes the crowds can be annoying but doesn’t matter when you’re treated to that type of trail. In regards to the heights, I have a pretty bad fear of heights and still managed to do this trail. If you stay focused and hold onto the railings, you’ll be fine. Worth it, absolutely worth it.

Great hike, start early in the morning so you avoid the mid day rush. If your afraid of sharp drop offs and heights you may want to pass. The view is amazing at the top. Wear proper shoes

Great hike. A lot easier that I thought. Highly recommend to go

We left around 7 AM to beat the sun, heat and rush. It was well worth it as on our way bake we passed two to three times the people we saw on the way up. Use extreme patience, caution and respect as you should do on all trails. Of course, the views are incredible. Make sure to prepare for those switchbacks on the way up =)

awesome hike! switch back are a little rough. going down was the hardest part for me. probably because the style of hiking shoes I had on. I hope to come back soon!

Amazing, fun hike!
10.13.18, started at 1030, and got to Angels Landing at 12. And just relaxed and enjoyed the view!
The two multi-switchbacks were brutal! But after that, the climb with the chains to AL was the most fun! Please don’t give up! It’s an experiment that you need to see! You’ll be super proud of yourself!
The temperature was around 50-60F, so we packed extra jacket, don’t! You’ll be sweating hot with the hike! So don’t need the extra weights. One would be enough.
Would recommended to go early to catch the first bus to avoid all the traffics. Had to stop a couple times to give way to people going up. Yup it was one way one person traffic! So be considerate and give way to people.
Remember to have fun, stay hydrated and enjoy the hike!

I hiked this trail in April 2010. This hike changed my life. It was scary and brilliant at the same. When I got the bottom I thought oh my God I just walked the side of a mountain with one hand on a rope chain while people passed around me. It was crazy and exhilarating at the same time. I made it to the very peak (my co-hort made it as far as Scout’s Overlook) and it was worth the strenuous effort. I did it once but I’ll not do it again. This is a trail to make one grand memory from. And I’ll never forget mine. Incredibly impactful.

Favorite hike of all time! It challenged my fear of heights. But since it’s an out and back it can get pretty backed up so I strongly recommend staying away during peak times like sundays and holidays. It can ruin a lot of the hike by spending so much time waiting. I would share this hike with anyone I came across I 10/10 recommend!!!

I read a lot of the reviews saying “if you’re afraid of heights, I do not recommend this hike”... well I’m terrified of heights and I went into this hike expecting to have some sort of panic or anxiety along the way. The exact opposite happened! I loved this hike. I went with someone who is a pretty fearless hiker, which helped me in multiple ways. The chains along the steep cliffs also provided a sense of relief and comfort! The very heavy trail traffic made this hike take a lot longer than it should have, but it was still worth it. Only recommendation if doing in the fall (or spring too I’m assuming) is bring gloves, those chains along the trail that you need to use at the top get cold!

I love it, October was a great month to do it, it was not hot at all and it was not crowded.

Amazing!

Best hike ever. A lot of elevation and the chains helped A LOT! Incredible views bottom to top

Challenging trail, very hot on the day we went(105). Trail crowded in spots. Worth it!

Great hike! The Zion National Park team has done a great job fixing the trail since its ladt closure in July.

Feeling blessed, its surely worth it!! If you like to get the feel of zion this is a must... Its refreshing and surely tiring. The angels landing part is surely strenuous but worth the effort. I was so happy and proud of myself after this. Worth a lifetime.. Have fun and dont miss this. Carry at least 3lts of water per person, lot of salty snacks and good gear.

A strenuous climb just to Scouts Lookout especially in last week’s humid heat. This is a great hike to do once.