Anasazi Trail

Anasazi Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Ivins, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A beautiful hike where you can hike with your fur babies and also see petroglyphs ❤️

One of my favorite hikes close to home. The petroglyphs are so cool and I can bring my dog. Can be busy on the weekends but during the week you’ll probably only pass a couple hikers on the trail, if that.

Kind of lame.

This trail is horribly boring. I would not recommend it for anybody. It definitely is easy, but not worth it. Find any other easy hike.

Fun, easy and short. Red rock is always beautiful.

good hike with the kids. beautiful views

Very very easy trail...why not

Beautiful views and easy to hike. Great trail run also.

Gentle incline for kids. Beautiful views at the top.

Friday, July 01, 2016

Walk this trail! First of all, if you're a runner, this is a good trail for you -- hard packed surface, slow incline.

The trail itself doesn't have much to look at as you're hiking, but the view at the top is worth it! Slight incline, lots of switchbacks, and at the top you'll stumble onto more petroglyphs than I've ever seen in one place! And the more you look, the more you will see!

The trail will continue further, and the view is great. You'll even see where someone got creative and turned a large boulder into a dinosaur head. It will definitely bring a smile to your face.

Be wise -- pack plenty of water as there is no shade!

Sunday, April 03, 2016

While the trail itself isn't superb, the Anasazi homestead and dozens of petroglyphs make this an outstanding hike. The views of the Santa Clara river are also quite nice.

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Cool

Monday, September 14, 2015

Fairly easy hike up the hill to some of the best Petroglyphs this area has to offer! Be sure to follow the trail that leads down into the big rocks as well, that's where you will find some of the bigger petroglyphs!

Monday, July 27, 2015

great trail to exercise, I walk it 3-5 times a week. I mainly just walk from Ivins trail head to the petroglyphs about 1.5 miles one way. you can see lizards, jack rabbits, cotton tail, quail, humming birds and beware of rattle snakes. they sometimes in the drainage pipes. do to rain trail is not to friendly for strollers. enjoy!

Monday, July 20, 2015

The petroglyphs were amazing! We hiked with a guide that was a retired archaeologist which allowed us to appreciate the experience much more. From a hiking perspective, it was an easy walk.

Sunday, July 05, 2015

Awesome petroglyphs if you find them. Zero shade for hotter days but great views of the surrounding area the whole way up. I didn't mind the black drainage pipes as it's pretty evident from the washouts that this trail is a pain in the butt to keep whole.

As far as finding the glyphs I would recommend following the trail along the ridge until it intersects with the Tata'ansi trail. From there scramble down into the rocks to your right and work your way back towards the parking lot. Look for larger boulders with flat surfaces facing towards the Santa Clara river. You'll be rewarded with some awesome finds!

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Loved the trail. We started in Santa Clara, and didn't see any of the drainage pipes the other posters talked about. The views of the canyon were incredible. We hiked about two miles up, and didn't see many petroglyphs. I would have loved to see more, but had four kids (ages 7-12) with us who were hot and tired and more than ready to go back. I wish we would have had some sort of guide to tell us how much further we would have had to go to see more petroglyphs.

Friday, January 30, 2015

The trail is just OK. I agree with other reviews that the ugly black drainage pipes were unsightly and could have been done better, but once you get to the top where the petroglyphs are, the view, rock formation, and rock drawings are incredible! We enjoyed our short little hike after all and took some awesome photos!

Saturday, November 29, 2014

The hike itself wasn't anything great. The petroglyphs at the end were ok. We only saw a handful of them. (Maybe we missed all the good ones???) The views of the mountains and river however, were beautiful. Would I hike this again? No. We had 7 kids (5-14)with us. They gave the hike 2.5 stars and said they liked the tepees and the swing on the other side of the parking lot the best. We hiked this 11/28/2014.

Monday, June 09, 2014