Albion Meadows Trail

Albion Meadows Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

I was blown away with the beauty of this trail. The wildflowers are currently in bloom and that was amazing. We started hiking around 8:00pm and were able to get to the top by sunset. The alpinglow off the mountains was stunning. You have 360 degree views of the other peaks and canyons all around.

We only walked one way on this trail today. On the way down, we took the ski lift (mostly as we also went on the nearby Cecret Lake trail, as well). This is our second year on this hike. Since I had read reviews the flowers were already in full bloom, we went on July 8 (2018). Last year we went on July 30. Kind of glad we did not wait as it already seems some flowers are drying out due to the lack of rain this year and also the fact the snow fall was low last year.

Note: Do not go in the midday like we did- the sun was blaring and hot and it made me a tad miserable. The trail starts out with a steady elevation gain, if you aren't used to it, this can add to the misery. Maybe going up on the ski lift and walking down may be a better option. Keep in mind if you go on the lift, you will not go over the meadow where most of the wildflowers are.

What a gorgeous hike! It has been a dry year, so the wild flowers are already in full swing. I would get up here before the crowds hit hard. Remember you have to pay $7 to drive past Alta parking lot anytime after 7:30 am. I wanted to go from the campground parking lot on the upper trail, but they have closed it off which was a drain for that is a beautiful section. My blog shows 360 stitched images of the area. Check it out for more info. https://shaunasadventures.blogspot.com/2018/07/360-adventure-albion-basion-cecret-lake.html?m=1

The summer road is closed to cars right now. we walked 25 mins up the road which was exposed and hot and we weren't even close to making it to the trailhead.

Saw a coyote on the way in! Went on to Cecret Lake and given the road closure at the start, this became a long hike. Splendid though and the wildflowers were gorgeous

This is a very pretty area and this trail leads to others you can do later. There is still some snow right now so it's a little muddy. Even though the wild flowers haven't bloomed yet the views are beautiful! =)

Overall easy but pretty

Some snow still on the trail. Flowers have not bloomed yet but probably will within a couple of weeks.

Beautiful

Had been skiing this area, But first time hiking which gives me different view for the area. Like the trail, have some educational sites alongside. Final treat is an opportunity to see 'secret Lake ' about another a mile hike.

Beautiful wildflowers but pretty busy and crowded.

Best place for wildflowers, in my opinion. Try to avoid the canyon congestion during the wildflower festival and go one or two weeks early.

some of the best views in the area. Only issue was going to cecret lake, some of the trail was signed, some was not.

Amazing trail. The wildflowers are absolutely stunning in Peak season. Saw some moose up close when I hiked this a couple weeks ago.

I love this trail!! There is such a huge variety of flowers and it's absolutely breathtaking.

Did this last week, the wild flowers are amazing right now! The trail is pretty easy, my 4 year old did it with out a problem. We went all the way up to Cecret Lake (3 miles one way from the lower parking lot), which is beautiful. I highly recommend this trail.

We just went on Friday and this is the perfect time of year to do the trail. All of the wild flowers in bloom, and at least 10° cooler up there than in the Salt Lake Valley. Would definitely recommend doing the full trail up to Cecret Lake. Note that right now there is a small detour in the middle of the trail, due to some reconstruction, but it is not a big deal.

Gorgeous trail. I wasn't ready for it to be done so when I got to the meadow and saw the trailhead for Cecret Lake, I did that too. This on its own would have been too short I think. The wildflowers aren't in full force, I don't think, or else I just missed it, but would love to go again when there are even more. As it was, it was beautiful and I would do it again. Just go all the way up to Cecret if you do it. :)

Friday, July 14, 2017

Gorgeous

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Beautiful trail! Lots of birds and Uinta ground squirrels around. Still 4-5 snowy patches on the first half of the trail and some mud. An Alta staff member said that Cecret Lake is currently not accessible due to snow.

Friday, June 23, 2017

beautiful

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Great hike that offers beautiful views and very easy. If you want to add a little more you can add Cecret Lake on at the end.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Great family hike

Monday, October 10, 2016

A very nice hike for the first 2/3 of the uphill leg. Very gradual incline with nice views. Unfortunately at the top of the hill is a parking lot and it kills the ambience a little bit, very noisy with lots of cars going in and out. Views from the parking lot are still nice though.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Did this hike with my family including my mom who is in her 70s. We saw a family of moose along the trail. It's a beautiful spot.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Beautiful trail for wildflowers and some great views of the basin. One of my favorite spots so far in the canyons! Originally had come up here no expecting to hike this section, but changed my plans due to lack of parking in the upper lots and about 50 people in line for the shuttle...would rather be walking than waiting! Glad I got to see this!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Beautiful hike. I went in late June and now mid August. Definitely prefer the late June scenery. I think maybe even early to mid July would be beautiful as well. Still a beautiful hike. Flowers are everywhere. I was forced to take this hike to get to Cecret Lake and then this time to Sunset Peak because of road closures and lack of parking and 40 minute shuttle wait times. Really glad though. The hike is worth it. Many chances for beautiful pictures and not too hard of a hike.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Early August. Beautiful wild flowers! Not much shade.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

It was fine. There isn't a lot of shade, and today there wasn't much of a breeze either. My hiking party went past the Sugarloaf ski lift, and took the left fork. I'm not positive if that is part of this trail or not, but if it is, then this trail should be rated Moderate, rather than Easy. I had a hard time with it, but I am not an experienced hiker.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Fun trail. Tons and tons of wildflowers. Not a whole lot of shade cover. Kids had a blast, great photo ops.