Albion Meadows Trail

Albion Meadows Trail is a 3.6 mile out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October.

Had been skiing this area, But first time hiking which gives me different view for the area. Like the trail, have some educational sites alongside. Final treat is an opportunity to see 'secret Lake ' about another a mile hike.

Beautiful wildflowers but pretty busy and crowded.

Best place for wildflowers, in my opinion. Try to avoid the canyon congestion during the wildflower festival and go one or two weeks early.

some of the best views in the area. Only issue was going to cecret lake, some of the trail was signed, some was not.

Amazing trail. The wildflowers are absolutely stunning in Peak season. Saw some moose up close when I hiked this a couple weeks ago.

I love this trail!! There is such a huge variety of flowers and it's absolutely breathtaking.

Did this last week, the wild flowers are amazing right now! The trail is pretty easy, my 4 year old did it with out a problem. We went all the way up to Cecret Lake (3 miles one way from the lower parking lot), which is beautiful. I highly recommend this trail.

We just went on Friday and this is the perfect time of year to do the trail. All of the wild flowers in bloom, and at least 10° cooler up there than in the Salt Lake Valley. Would definitely recommend doing the full trail up to Cecret Lake. Note that right now there is a small detour in the middle of the trail, due to some reconstruction, but it is not a big deal.

Gorgeous trail. I wasn't ready for it to be done so when I got to the meadow and saw the trailhead for Cecret Lake, I did that too. This on its own would have been too short I think. The wildflowers aren't in full force, I don't think, or else I just missed it, but would love to go again when there are even more. As it was, it was beautiful and I would do it again. Just go all the way up to Cecret if you do it. :)

Gorgeous

Beautiful trail! Lots of birds and Uinta ground squirrels around. Still 4-5 snowy patches on the first half of the trail and some mud. An Alta staff member said that Cecret Lake is currently not accessible due to snow.

beautiful

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Great hike that offers beautiful views and very easy. If you want to add a little more you can add Cecret Lake on at the end.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Great family hike

Monday, October 10, 2016

A very nice hike for the first 2/3 of the uphill leg. Very gradual incline with nice views. Unfortunately at the top of the hill is a parking lot and it kills the ambience a little bit, very noisy with lots of cars going in and out. Views from the parking lot are still nice though.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Did this hike with my family including my mom who is in her 70s. We saw a family of moose along the trail. It's a beautiful spot.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Beautiful trail for wildflowers and some great views of the basin. One of my favorite spots so far in the canyons! Originally had come up here no expecting to hike this section, but changed my plans due to lack of parking in the upper lots and about 50 people in line for the shuttle...would rather be walking than waiting! Glad I got to see this!

Monday, August 15, 2016

Beautiful hike. I went in late June and now mid August. Definitely prefer the late June scenery. I think maybe even early to mid July would be beautiful as well. Still a beautiful hike. Flowers are everywhere. I was forced to take this hike to get to Cecret Lake and then this time to Sunset Peak because of road closures and lack of parking and 40 minute shuttle wait times. Really glad though. The hike is worth it. Many chances for beautiful pictures and not too hard of a hike.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Early August. Beautiful wild flowers! Not much shade.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

It was fine. There isn't a lot of shade, and today there wasn't much of a breeze either. My hiking party went past the Sugarloaf ski lift, and took the left fork. I'm not positive if that is part of this trail or not, but if it is, then this trail should be rated Moderate, rather than Easy. I had a hard time with it, but I am not an experienced hiker.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Fun trail. Tons and tons of wildflowers. Not a whole lot of shade cover. Kids had a blast, great photo ops.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Beautiful, but part of the hike is right along the road.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Beautiful hike. Continued up to Cecret Lake. About 3 miles from Alta, through the Albion meadows and up to the lake. There's over a 1200 foot elevation gain in those 3 miles. Gets a little tricky at the end for kids but my 8 year did great.

Monday, July 18, 2016

This is one of my favorite hikes ! The meadows of wild flowers are beautiful! Last time I went in the morning and there were tons of hummingbirds !!! Today I went around 1 and I didn't see a single hummingbird. It's not much of a hike but it is all uphill and lots of small rocks. If you want a longer hike you can keep going up to cecret late and pack a picnic.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

We started at the Albion Basin parking lot and ended at Cecret Lake. The distance came out to be around 2.7 miles. The wildflowers are blooming and it was very beautiful. Very windy in spots and kind of crowded.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Beautiful hike this time of year with all of the wild flowers in bloom. Continue up to Cecret Lake for amazing views!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Great trail for the novice who wants to enjoy the outdoors but not a strong hiker. About 3 miles from the bottom parking lot, through Albion basin and up to Cecret lake.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

The wildflower were amazing today. Huge carpet of many different colors. Trail is well maintained and very busy.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Nice, easy trail that I'd consider taking older folks or younger kids on. Beautiful meadow views with mountains all around. Smells so good with all the flowers blooming! A must do is to connect to Cecret Lake trail at the top when you get to Alta's Cecret Lift, which is a moderately difficult trail (not for most kids or elderly) but well worth it with the lake views.

Friday, July 08, 2016

Beautiful in mid-late summer! One of our favorite summer traditions.