Adams Canyon Trail

Adams Canyon Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Layton, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Travel north on Highway 89 and take the first right past Oakhills Road (Layton City Water Tank). Take another right (south) on the frontage road. Park at the end of pavement at fenced off reservoir. Trail starts on north side of the reservoir. This trail has good access to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.

Used Adam's Canyon Trail to get to Adam's Cabin Trail. Very difficult to get to Cabin Trail from Waterfall (Canyon) Trail. We enjoyed the challenge of it as we found ourselves in the middle of nowhere. Near the cabin the trail is covered by snow but we were able to use a previous hiker's footprints. Definitely will do it again but will use Adam's Cabin Trail. Missed the waterfall due to high water.

Beautiful hike! Some bouldering at the end. Mostly dry.

Not well marked. Kept getting lost/confused. My advice: follow the stream the entire way. You’ll be on the left for most of it then there’ll be a bridge taking you to the right side somewhere along the way. AllTrails thinks this trail is longer than it actually is. If you keep looking for a trail by the big waterfall, you’re probably not going to find it xD

love this hike! it's never too crowded but expect a few people around between 10-2. it's a nice work out all the way through.

Beautiful views, the waterfall was awesome! Highly recommend this hike.

Great hike. The views are amazing.

My 5 yr old twins and I hiked this trail today and was not disappointed.
They handled the trail great and the waterfall at the end was a great reward.
Beautiful hike and will be returning.

My husband and I loved this hike! Took our two Chocolate Labradors and they had a blast! Tired dogs for sure!

Awesome hike. My 5yo and 7yo were able to make it all the way to the waterfall. it's a tough hike but worth it. the trail is pretty busy. I think the hardest part of the hike is the very beginning.

It’s a very steady hike at the beginning but by the end it does get a little steeper. The hike is almost completely dry except for a minute at the end where you have to cross water to be able to see the waterfall.
For me the hike was about 5 hours total, with nice areas along the way to take breaks or eat lunch.

Canyon is beautiful. Very little snow, river is easily crossable - great time to be out!

Nice hike. It was crowded for a weekday. Good for families, passed by a lot of kids. Lots of dogs and dog waste along the trail. Couldn’t find a trash to throw away my dogs waste.

2017
Great Hike, First Utah Hike

Bring your ice cleats this time of year...

Great day hike. Dog friendly. it is a steady climb the whole way. Good shoes and plenty of water is a good idea.

Great hike! I didn’t think it was as difficult as it was rated! Nice and dry try most the way up!!

Awesome trail! Lots of different small trails to take around the mountains/falls. If I could give it 6 stars I would!

My absolute favorite trail!

1-11-18 do not even try without spikes! Stop at Gear:30 in Ogden for some spikes!

It's not as hard as they make it out to be once you ascend into the canyon. The waterfall is beautiful and the trail is nice, the only reason I don't rate it 5 stars is for the crowds that are common. Still a favorite

Fun quick trail!

This is a great hike!

my favorite trail ♡

Was a great trail!

Loved it! It’s not as far as it’s posted it’s about 1.6 miles to the waterfall you can go further but it’s rock climbing. So worth it!

Awesome hike, hard at the beginning with the switchbacks but other than that pretty easy.

My dog and I do this trail frequently and I would recommend it to anyone. There are several different ways to get up if you are willing to explore. The sandy switchbacks in the beginning are the roughest part in my opinion. Great Waterfall if you complete the hike.

We're visitors from CA and some friends turned us on to this beautiful river hike. Would have given five stars but found a lot of rubbish, a few carved up trees and the trails were poorly marked if even existent. Pretty sweet waterfall at the top. Fun little hike & will definitely do this hike again next time we visit.

amazing and spectacular right now with fall colors

Pretty easy hike. The worst part is at the beginning with the switchback after switchback but other than that it was a breeze. It some very pretty views as well. It took my friend and me about 1 and a half hours to do round trip

Great trail