Adams Canyon Trail

Adams Canyon Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Layton, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Directions from Salt Lake City: Travel north on Highway 89 and take the first right past Oakhills Road (Layton City Water Tank). Take another right (south) on the frontage road. Park at the end of pavement at fenced off reservoir. Trail starts on north side of the reservoir. This trail has good access to the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.

I really enjoyed this hike.

Good hike. Taking a southeast turn immediately after the first set of switchbacks leads to a network of small trails. Continuing towards the creek leads to a small waterfall that requires backtracking or scrambling to return to the trail.

Great trail. weather was good for early March.

My absolute favorite Trail so far. Make sure you wear shoes that are waterproof, you have to cross the creek to get to the waterfall. It's so beautiful.

I was a fun hike! Got some good exercise, wasn't too hot the whole time, and it was beautiful. I went all the way to the top of the waterfall and near the top it was super icy and there was still snow, i also walked through the creek to get to the big waterfall but it was worth it! Just be careful coming down from the falls. I fell on my butt a few times!

Nice wide trail at the beginning with a number of switchbacks on a steep climb. When you start hiking in the canyon it's a constant climb until you get closer to the falls. Some packed snow on the trail today be chains helped a lot the last 1/2 when the trail really got steep. Climbed above the Falls on the left and went up the ridge to the Adams Cabin trail and returned back to the trailhead making it a loop. It was all bushwhacking between both trails but snow wasn't deep and it was hard packed because we hiked early morning. The climb up to the ridge was worth the views.

Looking to possibly hike this one Sunday. I am curious what the current conditions are like being that we have had a significant rise in temperature. How much snow/ice is remaining at this point. I apologize this is not a review but before making the trip it would be helpful to know. Thank you.

Too crowded for my liking but a cool waterfall at the end

I went up today. With the snow it was super slick and the trail stopped before the waterfall. I can't wait to try it again though when the snow melts!

Such a beautiful hike!

one of my favorite hikes