10420 Peak is a 1.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Brighton, Utah that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This hike was all uphill on rocky terrain. I went with my two kids on a Saturday in August. My seven-year-old enjoyed the challenge, but my four year old had a hard time with how steep it was. The views at the top were stunning!!! We decided to come down using the trail going around the side of the mountain that meets up with Blood Lake trail. That was a much easier trail (less slope) and the lake was beautiful, but packed with people and dogs. I would definitely do that loop again!

Don’t let the description fool you - this mile long hike is very steep. I saw a few people give up before making all the way up. I took my 5 yo and she was a champ. Don’t let the challenge avert you. It is very doable and the payoff is fantastic!

I wouldn’t call this ‘easy’ if starting from the parking lot at the pass. The initial climb is pretty steep and rocky but the views at the top are beautiful. A hiking stick will be your best friend.

Good way to loop to Lackawaxen Lake, otherwise it’s a stop on your way to Clayton Peak. Gorgeous views in the fall of all the aspens at Guardsman Pass

Hiked on way to Lackawaxen Lake