Williams Ranch Road is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Flat, Texas that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Rocky ORV trail. High clearance and disregard for vehicle paint may be necessary. Trail consists of small but sharp stones, washouts, and pipeline ROW crossings. Road leads to Williams Ranch at the base of Guadalupe Peak. Check in at Pine Springs Ranger Station for a gate key.

easy trail for a stock wrangler. nice views of el capitan and a little blue house at the end. saw a mountain lion too. just watch out for the brush scratching your paint

Monday, February 20, 2017

Not as smooth anymore (found old videos) but a very interesting drive out to a desolate ranch house. Beautiful rugged scenery. Saw deer, snakes, birds and stopped to photograph lots of unusual cacti. This trail can indeed be rough on paint. Cacti and everything scratchy seems to reach out onto the road and sometimes you just can't avoid it without risking a tire. Took a little over 3 hours round trip from Pine Springs.

Monday, July 22, 2013

We drove the first two miles of this trail in my pickup. I decided that I like my paint and didn't want to get stranded with a popped tire so we turned back. I plan to go back with my jeep (which has multiple spares) to do the whole trail. Hopefully soon.