Williams Ranch Road OHV Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(7)
Salt Flat, Texas

Williams Ranch Road OHV Trail is a 12.1 kilometer lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Flat, Texas that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 12.1 km Elevation Gain: 128 m Route Type: Out & Back

ohv / off road driving

Rocky ORV trail. High clearance and disregard for vehicle paint may be necessary. Trail consists of small but sharp stones, washouts, and pipeline ROW crossings. Road leads to Williams Ranch at the base of Guadalupe Peak. Check in at Pine Springs Ranger Station for a gate key.

ohv/off road driving

If a superduty on 37s can do it, it’s not too narrow. Aired down a bit for comfort, and used 4wd just to not tear up the trail as bad. If you have decent tires that aren’t low profile, and have a little bit of ground clearance, you’ll make it. Just know the fee to tow you to the front gate is $1000 if you mess it up. Find a trail and own it.

Mon Mar 18 2019

I asked the park ranger about it and he said they don’t even use atv’s on it anymore it’s so washed out and didn’t recommend I go over there.

Sun Mar 17 2019

Decent trail...no 4x4 needed to complete ..then again I’m running 35” tires w a 4.5 lift on a rubicon :)

Fri Jun 22 2018

easy trail for a stock wrangler. nice views of el capitan and a little blue house at the end. saw a mountain lion too. just watch out for the brush scratching your paint

Mon Feb 20 2017

Not as smooth anymore (found old videos) but a very interesting drive out to a desolate ranch house. Beautiful rugged scenery. Saw deer, snakes, birds and stopped to photograph lots of unusual cacti. This trail can indeed be rough on paint. Cacti and everything scratchy seems to reach out onto the road and sometimes you just can't avoid it without risking a tire. Took a little over 3 hours round trip from Pine Springs.

Mon Jul 22 2013

We drove the first two miles of this trail in my pickup. I decided that I like my paint and didn't want to get stranded with a popped tire so we turned back. I plan to go back with my jeep (which has multiple spares) to do the whole trail. Hopefully soon.