Wild Basin Trail

Wild Basin Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from November until February.

Makes it seem easy in the beginning but it definitely takes a challenging turn mid way through!

Great little looping trail. There was a lot of "split offs" that you could do, which made it confusing BUT thanks to this app we stayed on track to complete the entire loop. The trail is clean, clear and at times uphill. Enjoy the sounds of nature and little water falls.

Nice short hike. I liked the intervals and partial shade, and it was pretty. Probably nicer when there is water in the waterfall.

Did some more trial running here. Wished I lived closer- with no traffic on 360, still take me 20 minutes to get here. This place has a great nature center. That has not much to do with trail running, but it's a nice place so I not it. But to my knowledge, there're no restrooms inside, and only one (rather large) portapotty outside.

But like I said before: good creek crossings, and really good climbs up stairs. Need a good leg workout, this is the place to be. Signs are good, trail is super easy to follow, and there's always people there so you'll never feel isolated- but I have yet to see any dogs, if that makes one feel better.

OK,. I'm rambling. I just really like this place. Great nature, great scenic views, great running and hiking.

Nice short hike. Trails were in good condition and well marked.

You can see the highway halfway through the hike. The waterfall was dry when I went but the area it's in is charming enough. The hike itself isn't difficult at all, just slightly elevated on the way back

Short but varied, easy in parts, hard in others, well maintained, clean and well marked, there is a creek and a waterfall.