Wiggly Field Dog Park Loop

Wiggly Field Dog Park Loop is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Denton, Texas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 101 feet Route Type: Loop

I’m new to hiking in Denton and this was a nice trail to start off with. It was quiet and most of the trails seemed to be well maintained. I did take a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in a residential area, so half of my hike ended up being an urban hike. I will definitely be going back.

private property

After moving here from Tahoe I was feeling defeated in the trail running department. Of course it’s not the same, not even close, but the shade, intense green foliage and the overall feeling of being secluded while outdoors prompts a 4 star review from me. I love that it’s not crowded but there’s enough people around to feel safe. I’m still adjusting to Texas humidity but that’s not the trails fault lol I run the wide trails alone and every now and then take off on the less traveled real “trails” with my running partners. Overall, it’s a great workout and satisfies my need for nature. I dislike having to smell dog excrement in many of the areas but it really can’t be helped with the dog park nearby.

What a great trail with shade which is always so nice in the Texas summer heat!

Small playground for children, off leash dog park with three separate areas, nice on leash trail behind dog park. Trail is gravel and dirt and goes a few different places that lead to a nice little lake. There is also a pond behind the dog park on the trail that dogs play in both on and off leash. Nice area, dog park is well maintained. Bring bug spray and water!

Fri Dec 21 2018

Best dog park in the world!

Mon Sep 10 2018

My dog and I took several of the side trails too. Some rocky and a few inclines, so you can get more of a hike in.

Fri Nov 03 2017

Great off leash dog park with an on leash trail surrounding it. Nice easy stroll.

Tue Dec 11 2018