Walnut Creek Trail

Walnut Creek Trail is a 19.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

This is an ok paved trail for walking, but be prepared to be surrounded by bike riders.

The trail is all paved. Very good for biking. The surroundings are lovely. I saw lots of wildflowers and also some wild grape. There are some unpaved side trails that we're fun to explore.

Might send my family there to ride bikes. Probably won't walk there again. Walking mostly on pavement isn't my favorite kind of walk.

Brought my two dogs, so much goose poo and mud piles all over the trail. lots of bikes, kept having to get off the path into the grass/mud to let them by. Most never warned me they were coming up and startled my dogs. I wouldn't have minded too badly if they just warned me. Came across a dead dog in the field, and there were no rest spots to stand or sit and let the dogs breathe. It was ok, only will use if it rains again.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

I walk here weekly and really love the wide path. There are no water fountains, so bring your own water. There are no benches or places to rest and no restrooms. With that said, I still enjoy this walk.

Monday, November 07, 2016

Great road biking trail. Concrete sections like a sidewalk so it can be a little rough on a stiff bike when you hit a gap between sections, but it is well maintained (really, it is basically brand new). Pretty scenery, mostly through wooded areas behind single family residential developments so don't expect river or skyline views. There are a couple at-grade crossings of residential streets where bikes are asked to yield but you probably won't even see a car on them, the larger roads and highways all have underpasses for the trail.

Sunday, March 12, 2017