Walnut Creek Park Loop

Walnut Creek Park Loop is a 5.9 mile loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail lots of nature. Was the first trail I've explored since I moved here. Loved it will definitely be back to explore more

So I'm running this park the other day (as I do often), and decide to take some "trails" that I haven't taken yet. I see a sign a few feet in the wood, crumpled over (I'm assuming vandalism), that said "no tresspassing". OK, I'll just stay on the trail then.

Well I hit a few dead ends with the same signs on the trail itself (this is in the southern portion of the trails/park). The views from these parts of the trails where really nice, but then i saw a chainlink fence, and on the other side of the fence facing away from me was a "no trespassing" sign". Oops! I guess that sign in the woods, was supposed to be on the trail itself.

I scurried down a somewhat steep embankment, ran down a dry creek bed, and found the main trail again. It was a fun day.

So I ran on the new, concrete trail; but the trail has several, SEVERAL offshoots for more biking style trails. And, of course, these trails make for some awesome trail running. The ups and downs, twists and turns, you even get some creek crossings and some pretty good hills. Most of it is plain biking trails, but some of it starts to seem "rugged", and anytime you're ready to stop, the trails don;t get too far from the main, concrete trail.

For trail running on flats, in fields of wildflowers, or continuous hill climbing, this isn't it. This is a good leg workout, and forces concentration to not run into any bikers whirring your way.