Walnut Creek Trail

Walnut Creek Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

scenic driving

~98% shade covered before midday, ~70% covered after. Spends about a quarter mile in the canyon following the creek along natural rock shelves. Beautiful trees and rocks. Great for off leash dogs, especially if they love water.

nice place. easy to moderate trails. stinks like dog sometimes

I'm ready to go there.

A great spot for a dog walk.
Free park too

This is a moderate hike. Great for dogs and bikes! There were people sunbathing at the creek areas, dogs playing in the water, people running/hiking on the trails... Great trail that's next to a playground. I was able to find community areas with friendly people and more secluded areas with nice streams/creeks. Definitely worth checking out! They also have Bluebonnets growing. Many are around catus. So be careful if you decide to take photos!

very nice trails. It's been a while since I've been on a nature this was not too hard and not too easy. slightly un even and some loose rocks which i appreciate because they help with development of stability muscles. Again the trail was not overwhelming. it was just right even for out of shape novices like me.

beautiful trail to walk

Really busy but more challenging. Closer to 1.7 miles.

Sunday late morning: beautiful, easy, lots of dogs running around happily in the creek, multiple parking lots

This park is great but trails get very crowded on weekends—both foot traffic and biking/cycling. No fees for entry (City of Austin park).

Perfect for running on/off trail options. Bikers are always polite and either ring a bell or say something to give a heads up. Most even let you know when a group passes who’s the last one or how many are in the group. Dog meet ups and play dates created with amazing people. Just love this place.

Be cool

Great hiking trail active families with younger kids.
Watch out for mountain bikers, as there are loads.
Also took the pup, loads of shade on many trails.
It was our first time and we will be back!

shaded trees and water trails. lots of trails to walk around.

Awesome trail for beginners. Lots of varying terrain including nice stretches of open, moderately roller coasteresqe hardpack with manageable but challenging (for begginers) semi sharp turns/switchbacks and steep rocky/rooted inclines/declines. The guide indicates a 1.3 mile trail but it's considerably more with all of the interconnected sidetrails of which their are quite a few. This will be my go to trail until I'm ready for the more technically difficult challenge of Brushy Creek (where I spent half of my time pushing my bike/or on the ground).

Beautiful, natural scenery. Mountain bike trails range from easy to difficult. Can be busy at times.

Great trail, not very technical for hiking but dog and family friendly. Lots of side trails to explore and wander. Watch for mountain bikers coming around corners but everyone courteous.

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Lots of great options- I just let my dog lead the way and took several side trails. Lots of flat trails that are easy and lots of opportunity to get to the creek.

Thursday, April 05, 2018

Fun mountain biking trail.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

I absolutely love this park. We come here once a week with the puppies. Great off leash trails leading to water and everyone is respectable to each other. there's a healthy mix of cyclists, dog walkers and hikers. it can either be as easy or challenging depending on which area you hike to. we have yet to get bored here...always some place new to explore.

Thursday, March 15, 2018

The park was fun but I was expecting more from the reviews however I did not Adventure all of the trails unfortunately, and I didn't have my pup and being an off the leash park I probably would have enjoyed it more with her. the only thing is parts reaked of dog feces and there was feces bags everywhere. idk if that was the rules and park clean up picks them up but I hated that aspect. the water was not clear where I went like the images depected on some pages. However if you are local it's a fun hike.

Friday, February 09, 2018

Cool park. Lots of trails to get lost in. The dog thing. Some owners don’t keep them on a leash. Got nipped, scratched and jumped on and the owner was oblivious. Really do like the place itself though. The creek and cliffs can be really pretty.

Monday, January 29, 2018

fun place to ride but a lot of dog's had my grandson he liked it, he can ride and made his own fun up some of the good hills

Thursday, November 30, 2017

The trail is fun, mostly moderate with a few extreme places. I can easily ride out here for a few hours, even though you’ll loop around a few times. The only down side is the amount of people with dogs off leash in on-leash areas. I have crashed having to avoid a dog that jumped out in front of me. Also, be careful on the paved path with the bridges when they’re wet. The wooden bridges get super slippery.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Too many mountain bikes racing make it dangerous for dogs & kids.

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Nice scenery, but way too many little doggie presents left on the trail despite numerous signs to pick it up. The smell can be strong at times.

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Good trail to hike and bike

Friday, July 28, 2017

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

These trails a very fast and flowy in sections. There trails are a great work out but they do not offer anything too technical. There is a BMX track that has a little pump track and some nice table tops. Definitely worth a visit!