Walnut Creek Trail

Walnut Creek Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Really fun trail. The side trails offer some short technical buts but overall the trail (weather depending) is really smooth and flat. Rode 12km which was the entire loop about 4 times. Had a blast

Nice trails! We did get lost as the sun was going down. There are a lot of trails that branch from the main one so go early enough to make sure you can get out with sunlight. Some spots have steep drop offs into the creek which are tough to see when it's dark. Dog friendly. There are some off leash areas but we kept him on his leash the entire time. Bikes don't give a lot of warning that they are behind you. Otherwise fun trail. Will try again on a weekend with more daylight.

Way too many unleashed, unsupervised dogs

wonderful great walk

Nice hike but felt more like a city hike than an escape into wilderness. Great option for kids and pups but if you're looking for nature, there's better spots around austin.

I love this trail I love all the little trails that lead up to one another thanks Austin for cleaning it up close to my home very convenient all dogs are very friendly

Loved that I could have my dogs off the leash! I get overwhelmed when the trail forks so many times...I prefer it more to one trail that does a full loop. But still a great hike!

was a great hike. loved it

Easy and fun. Lots of trails with lots of activity.