Valburn to Bull Creek Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(58)
Bull Creek District Park

Valburn to Bull Creek Loop is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 170 feet Route Type: Loop

The transition between Valburn and Bull Creek

Challenging, beautiful, fun, adventurous. My wife and I hiked this on our anniversary and it was a blast. Definitely recommend giving it a try.

We had a great start to the trail! There weren’t a lot of people, but then when we got to bull creek it opened up to where all of the swimmers/sun bathers were. It was hard to get back onto the trail and my dog and I ended up having to take an very steep incline to get back on it. Beautiful views, just be ready to an adventure!

Not well marked but if you have the time to explore, you’ll find your way. Empty and one of my favorite trails in the city.

Good hike, not too crowded. Needs to be marked. The route was not accurate and hard to follow.

Amazing trail with winding woods, changes in elevation and great views. there tra is not marked and easy to take a wrong turn. Loved this because it ignited the spirit of adventure.

Beautiful with water falls, great hike in nature with kids!

Trails Branch out. Got lost

uncrowded portion of Bull Creek, with a steep climb at the start to get you above the park and offering good views. Connects to the Valburn trails for lots of variations.

Mon May 27 2019

Sun Mar 17 2019

Such a lovely hike! Only ran into one other person on the trail. Nice shade, a little of a scramble. Connects to Bull Creek, which makes for a lovely break with some much appreciated cold water!

Sun Dec 31 2017

As usual, got a good workout and discovered new trails, new ways to run around and have fun. These Valburn and Bull Creek trails make for almost endless exploration and varying terrain.

Fri Dec 01 2017

I'll be honest: I don't know if I've hiked or ran this exact path. I've run all over these Valburn trails, anfd the Bullcreek trail, and I'm sure I've taken this path. Either way, I know that these trails run through the woods, rocks, by the creek, has overlooks with drop offs, etc. Some are flat dirt trails, some rather rocky, some are right on the creek, and some rock scrambling is sometimes required. These trails out here are amongst the best for a less manicured, more rugged trail system (even if loop 360 and those neighborhoods are right there).

Fri Nov 17 2017

This was a moderately fun trail. It connects the Valburn loop up with the Bull Creek Trail, and features several views of the canyon and the creek. If you do the full loop, there is a section that requires some scrambling up some boulders, and a steep climb, but aside from that, it is a fairly easy trail to hike or run. The trail is lightly trafficked, so it gets dodgy at times trying to find the path, but overall very enjoyable.