Tyler State Park Lake Loop Trail

Tyler State Park Lake Loop Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tyler, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

paddle sports

Parking access at Group 3 picnic area.

I never get tired of it! Easy trail and great views.

Beautiful scenery. Beaver dam and natural spring. Path was pretty wet which slowed us down a bit.

Nice trail all the way around the lake

nice loop.

I walked this last Sunday with my 4 and 7 year old boys. They both took a great nap after. LOL!

nice trail to go for a casual hike. nice views of the lake.

We did loop A which was 2.5 miles or so. Great variety of hills and climbs not too rocky or steep either. Extremely humid at this park so I highly recommend a morning or evening ride specially in the summer time. I have never sweat so much in my life. Take plenty of water and your also supposed to pay a park fee. Beautiful trees!!!!!

Saturday, March 25, 2017

We did all the trails here.. the nicest was the lake trail however the longer two A and B were fairly nice. Just a ton of bikes and not much room of the trail.

Friday, March 03, 2017

I give this trail 5 stars, however, I give this description of the trail 1 star. First of all, this trail isn't called "Tyler State Park Loop Trail". The actual name of this (hiking only) trail is called the LAKESHORE Trail. Secondly, the map of the trail is correct, except according to the official trail map issued by Tyler State Park the trail is a 2.1 mile loop and the trailhead actually starts in the Brown's Point day use area of the park. This trail does NOT include the A loop, B loop, C loop, D loop, EZ Loop or Blackjack Nature trails. As for the Lakeshore Trail, it is quite a beautiful trail, mostly flat on the north side of the lake, but quite hilly on the south side of the lake. Beaver Pond on the far east side is a real treat and has a really great view of both the lake as well as the runoff ponds behind the lake. Great place to view birds and turtles!!! The walk across the spillway also has nice views of the lake. You will pass 2 fishing piers along the way as well as an island and a playground. There used to be a 3rd fishing pier at the playground but it was recently torn down.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

My husband and I hiked 1/16/17 with our two boys (5 and 2.5) and we really enjoyed our time there. We started hiking the C Loop and somehow ended up on the D Loop at the end! Still, it was a beautiful and somewhat challenging hike and we can't wait to do it again!

Friday, November 25, 2016

Great family camping and trails

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

If you do the easy loop the trail is closer to 10 miles. The A and B loops are pretty easy while the C&D loops offer more technical trails. Love these trails. For anyone wondering, the bridge has been repaired so the full trail is again available.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Just hiked trails A and B. Trails are well worn so it is easy to stay on path. Some nice hills, but generally easy terrain.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I enjoyed these trails that I've been back multiple times. The park does charge $6 per person for day-use entry as there is a swimming area, canoe rentals, and bikes are allowed. Driving around the lake is enjoyable by itself as there are some steep hills and curves. The trails range from easy to moderate. I've hiked them all. Loops B,C, and D allow bikes so listen and watch. Mostly shaded with thicks pines as this is in East Texas, part of the Great Piney Woods. Scenery is heavily forested but does open up. The loop around the lake itself is relatively easy and pleasant. It does have elevation changes but offers wonderful views of the lake. Very enjoyable compared to the other parks in east Texas.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

The monotonous views along this trail is like listening to a U2 album on repeat and you're unable to cover your ears. I turned around 2 miles in.

Monday, September 19, 2016

Beautiful trail. Lots of shade

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Very cool trail and pretty well maintained. I hiked loops A, B, C, and D. Temperatures ranged from 98-102 but the tree cover made hiking in the heat easier. One bridge is out on loop B. Terrain and elevation change made this trail challenging but very enjoyable.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Did C & D loops on warm afternoon. Great trails! Full canopy throughout, easy inclines and declines, well maintained. Bikes are allowed on this trail, so keep ur eyes and ears open!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Lots of fauna and flora along the way, differing terrain and muliple loops for any experience level.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

It was a beautiful and open/well maintained trail around the lake there at the park. From what I saw of the tent spaces and RV area very clean and easily to access from pad to the water. I would strongly recommend and will come back soon!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Perfect afternoon to do the C and D loop around Tyler state park. Would love to bring my mountain bike out here next time.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Very beautiful state park with many things to do! The camp sites were spread apart enough to have some sense of being isolated. October is their bird watching season so bring some binoculars out!

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Excellent hiking trail on Loop A!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

One of my favorite state parks. A nice change of pace just outside of Tyler.

Monday, October 12, 2015

Great trails for running. Mostly soft with a few rocks and plenty of roots to keep it interesting. Lots of ups and downs, but no serious climbs or descents. The parking is plentiful and the facilities are clean and well maintained. If I'm ever back near Tyler for business, I'm making a point of hitting the state park trails again.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

We walked around the Lake and we were back to the beginning before we knew it. So, pretty short. Since it was just a beautiful day, we rented paddleboats for an hour and enjoyed the view from on the lake! Very nice place! We will go back to do some of the longer trails next time.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Good trail.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hands down my favorite place to ride in DFW! Can't say enough good about the place. Trail steward is super proactive and a hell of a nice guy! Guy rocks out a SS! not a better place to ride and train. ride a full lap then do a road lap! if you have legs and lungs left repeat!
G$

Saturday, June 28, 2014

I rode this one for the first time a few weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised. The trails are nice, the variety is good and the signage is very helpful. When you come into the park (make sure to bring $5 for each person in the car), ask the park ranger for a trail map and how to get to the trailhead. It's a pleasant and fun ride through the park and a good chance to see the trees and the wildlife. There's nothing terribly technical, but be prepared to CLIMB. The climbs aren't difficult and they're not steep, but they are long and sometimes spaced closer together than you might like. You'll even get a chance to practice your uphill switchback skills. There aren't too many places to do an emergency exit of the trail if you need it and even where you can, you won't find the hilly paved roads back to your car any kind of improvement. Overall, a good trail system and one I look forward to visiting again when I have the time. Hopefully, next time I won't have to spend a couple of hours looking for the car key I dropped on the trail.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

I frequent the SP primarily for the trail system. The park and trail system have never disappointed me. Mostly the trail is single track and rarely overcrowded. I've been out on rainy days, cold days, and hot days. Trails are well marked and maintained. Kind of a hidden surprise for the area and a great place if you want to work some hills.