Tyler State Park Lake Loop Trail

Tyler State Park Lake Loop Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Tyler, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Parking access at Group 3 picnic area.

Nice trail all the way around the lake

nice loop.

I walked this last Sunday with my 4 and 7 year old boys. They both took a great nap after. LOL!

nice trail to go for a casual hike. nice views of the lake.

We did loop A which was 2.5 miles or so. Great variety of hills and climbs not too rocky or steep either. Extremely humid at this park so I highly recommend a morning or evening ride specially in the summer time. I have never sweat so much in my life. Take plenty of water and your also supposed to pay a park fee. Beautiful trees!!!!!

We did all the trails here.. the nicest was the lake trail however the longer two A and B were fairly nice. Just a ton of bikes and not much room of the trail.

I give this trail 5 stars, however, I give this description of the trail 1 star. First of all, this trail isn't called "Tyler State Park Loop Trail". The actual name of this (hiking only) trail is called the LAKESHORE Trail. Secondly, the map of the trail is correct, except according to the official trail map issued by Tyler State Park the trail is a 2.1 mile loop and the trailhead actually starts in the Brown's Point day use area of the park. This trail does NOT include the A loop, B loop, C loop, D loop, EZ Loop or Blackjack Nature trails. As for the Lakeshore Trail, it is quite a beautiful trail, mostly flat on the north side of the lake, but quite hilly on the south side of the lake. Beaver Pond on the far east side is a real treat and has a really great view of both the lake as well as the runoff ponds behind the lake. Great place to view birds and turtles!!! The walk across the spillway also has nice views of the lake. You will pass 2 fishing piers along the way as well as an island and a playground. There used to be a 3rd fishing pier at the playground but it was recently torn down.

My husband and I hiked 1/16/17 with our two boys (5 and 2.5) and we really enjoyed our time there. We started hiking the C Loop and somehow ended up on the D Loop at the end! Still, it was a beautiful and somewhat challenging hike and we can't wait to do it again!

Friday, November 25, 2016

Great family camping and trails

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

If you do the easy loop the trail is closer to 10 miles. The A and B loops are pretty easy while the C&D loops offer more technical trails. Love these trails. For anyone wondering, the bridge has been repaired so the full trail is again available.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Just hiked trails A and B. Trails are well worn so it is easy to stay on path. Some nice hills, but generally easy terrain.