Learn more

Tyler State Park C and D Loop Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(159)
Tyler State Park

Tyler State Park C and D Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Tyler, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 354 feet Route Type: Loop

Texas State Parks are open for day use. Due to COVID-19 parks require reservations. You must reserve and print day passes before you arrive, wear a face mask, practice social distancing in the park, and limit groups to 5 or less. More info can be found here: https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/ Trail C and D

We completed the c loop

I’ve been coming here for years, this is the first time we’ve done these trails. Lots of elevation, shade, and I will definitely be back.

great hike with different elevations, density and ground coverings. watch out for bikers. loop C and D connect so pay attention if you are planning to just do C or D only.

Great trail if you like a little incline! The C loop is our most favorite when we are getting ready for “bigger” hiking trips. It’s fun, beautiful & the trail is well kept & clean. You can get a great view of tall pine trees from here that really make you seem small! If we’ve had enough rain, you’ll even get to see a couple smaller water features!

This trail was great! Its marked well for the most part. I did a solo hike and really enjoyed it. Great scenery and seems to be well maintained.

very good trail.Did it at our 4 yr. olds pace. Muddy due to all the rain but still a good trail.

Nice walk through the woods. Parts of the trail are a bit muddy right now, but nothing too bad. I added the B loop for extra mileage.

Good times with Bonnie, Kevin and Stacy

I paired this with the B loop for a wonderful hike with some substantial incline. I did get off the trail a bit, but it was easy to reorient myself. Beautiful park!

This is a partial recording. It was a confusing trail to me as it was not the original trail that I remember.

This was my very FIRST hike. I am directionally challenged, but the trail was relatively easy to follow. It was a great first experience. I’d definitely recommend it.

Lots of ups and downs and great scenery. More challenging than most others around dfw

Fri Jun 14 2019

Great training trail

Fri Apr 19 2019

Sat Jan 12 2019

My dogs and I use to hike this trail every Saturday!! perfect calm day in the woods

Thu Dec 20 2018

We did a pre hike with packs bcd trails. Great trails well drained after rains with nice bridges across streams. Thanks to all the staff at TSP.

Tue Dec 04 2018

So much fun, beautiful scenery and plenty of challenging segments.

Sun Oct 28 2018

we had a blast

Sat Oct 06 2018

Nice trail. I did loop C. If your are not careful it is easy to accidently get on D or B.

Mon Sep 03 2018

My wife and I have lived in Tyler area for 9 years and love to hike. We feel ashamed that it took this long to do a full hike at Tyler State Park. It is a excellent park with nice trails, plenty of amenities at the store and close to home. we hiked trails D and C in under 2.5hours and did not try to break any records. There is plenty of nice terrane to navigate, winding trails, pines, and wildlife. We saw some deer, and only came across a few hikers the entire time there. It is a hidden gem and we will be back more often.

Fri Jul 06 2018

Hiked Trail C yesterday and really enjoyed it. The park itself lists Trail C as "challenging," though this website only lists it as moderate. Compared to the other trails in the park, this is definitely one of the more challenging ones, but when speaking about hiking trails in general, I agree that "moderate" is a good description. There were several elevation changes, and a couple of challenging uphill climbs involving switchbacks, but it's only about a mile and a half, so it's not too grueling. The views of the pines are lovely, and you even cross over some water a few times. Pay attention to markers so you don't accidentally wander off onto the B or D trail loops, which would extend your hike distance considerably.

Thu May 17 2018

Nice little trail with forested hills and creeks

Tue May 08 2018

Great trail...

Sun Sep 03 2017

Love this park and this trail!!

Mon Aug 21 2017

my 10 year old and I did both together. He carried 22 pounds and me just under 50. I would rate this trail as moderate. We both had a great time on the trail, we'll marked and maintained.

Fri Jun 30 2017

Nice hike lots of hills and valleys. Mixed pine & hardwoods.