Turkey Creek Trail

Turkey Creek Trail is a 9.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Warren, Texas that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Most of the Turkey Creek Trail remains closed due to flood damage from Hurricane Harvey. Please call visitor center at 409-951-6700 to learn the most recent trail status.

First, Alex at the Visitor’s Center couldn’t have been more knowledgeable/helpful. Nice trail but much of it is still closed. Able to hike about 4 miles round trip. At about the 1.75 mile mark the mosquitoes literally hung in the air like a cloud. Just be prepared to douse yourself in repellant! (Nice surprise finding repellant in the sign in/registration box btw).

good trail easy enough to take my two boys on

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Wear bug spray as there are an insane amount of mosquitos. Unfortunately bug spray won't do a great job of keeping the deer flies away from your ankles and calves. Expect plenty of deer fly bites.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

It's one of my favorite hiking days and the first good long hike! Odd that I hadn't saved it here.
We parked one vehicle at Kirby TH and hiked from the Turkey Creek TH. We did walk up on some wild hogs this day!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

This trail is beautiful absolutely love. It's enclosed in the woods trees, squirrels, and all kinds of little critter. I'd recommend camping out if you can there's plenty of exploring to be had.

Thursday, November 27, 2014

I chose this trail because it is Thanksgiving Day. What a beautiful trail with the walking bridges and large trees and trees that may canopies. Plenty of bird life and fun to watch. As I brought my walking buddy, Hunter, he had plenty of water to drink from the mini creeks. About 2 miles in, I saw an opening and it ended up being the perfect place for my snack or picnic, if you choose. It was right on the water, obviously this was Turkey Creek. Its width is about 30 or so feet across with slow moving water. The water was fairly clear, and this ran parallel along the trail for a little bit. I only rate this a 4 as the ending was not really an ending. I came to a dirt road, and saw a sign with the word "trail," and an arrow, but I just ended up walking down a dirt road, to another dirt road and no way was it heading back to my car. I backtracked the original trail and ended up walking about 7 miles. No big deal as there wasn't any elevation and the hard pack ground made navigation easy. I recommend this for an individual, families and bike riders with mountain or hybrid tires. I will walk this one again, only next time, I will find out where it truly ends first.

Saturday, June 03, 2017