Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Trinity River Trail (Oakmont Park)

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(157)
Oakmont Park

Trinity River Trail (Oakmont Park) is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.4 miles Elevation Gain: 203 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Nice and clean

Come here about twice a week. Well shaded and full of bicyclist, we’ll paved and also great little trails if you wanna stay off the pavement and avoid the bicycles

Nice!

Nicely wooded and paved. Good choice to get about 6 miles in if you want to stay out of the mud!

Good

Great friendly running paved trail!

Hiking

Paved trail part of the trinity network. This trail today was very easy and accessed from the Pecan Valley Park in Benbrook. About a mile down is access to Benbrook mountain, a little hill that has a couple circuits and good rocky incline to trek around. Beautiful views of trinity river and shady forests.

It’s clean, well maintained and mostly shaded. I enjoyed the walk. The only thing is that there were a lot of cyclists. All but one did not use passing etiquette which was very frustrating. One nearly hit me because I didn’t know he was coming up behind me. I’d go again but maybe at a different time of day.

Amazingly clean and maintained trail. Good mixture of paved and fine gravel/dirt trails. Shade is sporadic, with stretches of exposure to the sun. Heavily congested near the University Park area, lots of cyclists throughout entire trail. Water fountains available, bathrooms and even bike rentals.

Enjoyed walk with the kids. Shaded in most areas, clean debris free side walks, and not crowded. Loved having port-o-potties at each entrance to trail. People were very friendly. Stayed on the marked sidewalk but there are trails through the brush for those interested. Will definitely be back to wear out this kids.

Wed Mar 20 2019

Pleasant local trail, well paved, only minor break in trail where you need to follow the road. Yes there are a lot of bikers, most gave a shout out when they were passing. Best part was short side trail up to top of hill to see the sunset.

Mon Mar 18 2019

Great trail! My SIL and I took my 3 y/o and 1 1/2 y/o and we all had a great time. We even stopped and pet the neighboring horses and donkey. ❤️

Sun Feb 24 2019

Looking for some slow rise hills and nice scenery. We found both. Great trail, all paved and light on traffic (Sunday). Will definitely do it again.

Wed Jan 23 2019

love it!!!

Wed Jul 04 2018

I quit coming to this trail after several tries. The bikers make it miserable

Fri May 25 2018

I love this one! Safe for pulling a trailer with my one year old and plenty of shaded areas!

Tue Apr 24 2018

We took our dog and she had a lot of fun. There are a lot of bikes to watch out for if you are going to be walking but other than that, it's a really beautiful trail.

Sat Mar 31 2018

Great if you’re walking with a small child and/or stroller.

Wed Mar 07 2018

This is definitely a walking, running or bike trail, not hiking. It’s a really great trail if that’s what you’re looking for. It’s very well maintained and paved the entire way. I went in the beginning of March so the scenery was pretty much dead trees with no shade whatsoever during the day. I might try this again later in the year once the everything has greened up. There were several spots I bet would be beautiful once it does.

Sun Jun 18 2017

I love it the park is beautiful and has tons of trees so very well shaded. My only complaint is that at some points the trail narrows a bit so it would get congested with people walking, running, and on bikes trying to get through going both ways

Tue Jun 06 2017

Beautiful park and trails

Sun May 07 2017

Had the grandaughter and this was super easy even for a 4 yr old.

Wed Feb 22 2017

clean and nice flat pavement for most of the hike. only negative was trails not well marked glad I had my phone to gps where I should make my turn back to my car.

Fri Sep 09 2016

nice easy paved trail. there is a creek with a waterfall right in the middle of it.

Thu Sep 01 2016

Great place for my 7 year old and I to bike

Wed May 04 2016

Nice easy trail with some scenic areas

Sat Jul 11 2015

Great

Thu Jan 31 2013

This is more of a walking or running trail - completely paved, so there's really no hiking. It's nicely maintained, and most of the trail has a well-worn foot path just to the side of the paved trail if you don't like walking on concrete. The path runs along the back side of some nice homes and there are a couple of "scenic" spots of the Trinity River (about as scenic as the Trinity gets). Lots of very friendly and curteous bikers on the trail. Very dog-friendly and everyone had their dogs leashed! This is normally a problem for us on other parts of the Trinity Trail system (lots of owners letting their dogs off-leash) since our dog is not so friendly with other dogs. Overall a nice path for a jog or leisurly stroll with the family.