Trinity River Trail (Oakmont Park)

Trinity River Trail (Oakmont Park) is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I quit coming to this trail after several tries. The bikers make it miserable

I love this one! Safe for pulling a trailer with my one year old and plenty of shaded areas!

We took our dog and she had a lot of fun. There are a lot of bikes to watch out for if you are going to be walking but other than that, it's a really beautiful trail.

Great if you’re walking with a small child and/or stroller.

This is definitely a walking, running or bike trail, not hiking. It’s a really great trail if that’s what you’re looking for. It’s very well maintained and paved the entire way.

I went in the beginning of March so the scenery was pretty much dead trees with no shade whatsoever during the day. I might try this again later in the year once the everything has greened up. There were several spots I bet would be beautiful once it does.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

I love it the park is beautiful and has tons of trees so very well shaded. My only complaint is that at some points the trail narrows a bit so it would get congested with people walking, running, and on bikes trying to get through going both ways

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Beautiful park and trails

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Had the grandaughter and this was super easy even for a 4 yr old.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

clean and nice flat pavement for most of the hike. only negative was trails not well marked glad I had my phone to gps where I should make my turn back to my car.

Friday, September 09, 2016

nice easy paved trail. there is a creek with a waterfall right in the middle of it.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Great place for my 7 year old and I to bike

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Nice easy trail with some scenic areas

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Great

Thursday, January 31, 2013

This is more of a walking or running trail - completely paved, so there's really no hiking. It's nicely maintained, and most of the trail has a well-worn foot path just to the side of the paved trail if you don't like walking on concrete. The path runs along the back side of some nice homes and there are a couple of "scenic" spots of the Trinity River (about as scenic as the Trinity gets).

Lots of very friendly and curteous bikers on the trail.

Very dog-friendly and everyone had their dogs leashed! This is normally a problem for us on other parts of the Trinity Trail system (lots of owners letting their dogs off-leash) since our dog is not so friendly with other dogs.

Overall a nice path for a jog or leisurly stroll with the family.

Saturday, August 26, 2017