Trinity River Trail is a 4.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Wallisville, Texas that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

Distance: 4.7 miles Elevation Gain: 6 feet Route Type: Out & Back

After entering the park (exit 805 when headed East on I-10), drive past the first parking lot and continue approximately 0.7 miles. At the fork, continue straight/left to a second parking lot and park here. The trail head is unmarked, but is just to the East of this parking lot. The Trinity River will be on your left as you set out.

The trail is washed out less than 1/4 mile into it. The Trinity River looks like it cut into the bank, probably during the last flood of 2019. We measured it with a stick to see if we could wade across but it was hip deep where I checked. We tried to go through the woods to reconnect with the trail but the bushes need to be knocked down to reach it.

Mon May 27 2019

From what my teens and I DID get to hike, we really liked it. Unfortunately, we got about 5 minutes in and the entire trail went from muddy to flooded. Going to have to give it time to dry out and come back.

Mon Jul 23 2018

I felt the burn but I loved this trail overalls

Sat Feb 09 2019