Trailhead Park Trail

Trailhead Park Trail is a 4.5 mile out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Neighborhood is nice, parking is plentiful (unless, I bet, you come on a school's-out day or something like that). The park the trailhead leaves from is rather nice. As for the trail and trailrunning:

The first 1.17 miles (that's what my running app measured) was all downhill. It's paved at first but not for very long. Once you get past that downhill is when it starts getting fun. The trail is rocky/rooty, plenty of ups and downs, and the foliage sometimes creates (minimal) obstacles. It's rugged enough that you get a great workout, and the trail system seems extensive enough- I ran into plenty of forks- that you could get more than 4.5 miles. I saw no creeks nor semblances of creeks, but I've only been once so maybe somewhere back there is some creek crossings. And there is a mixture of running on rocks, and running on dirt.

- - -
I only encountered one longish hill climb, but boy was it a doosy! Right after that first mile you get your first fork in the trail. If you go straight I don't know what you get to. But if you go left, there's a section that's, I dunno, 100 feet maybe, where I was running with all my might but it was so steep I felt like I was just taking baby steps. It's not sheer, but it is steep. I kept going straight but got back to the neighborhood.

I knew the trail should continue, but it's a little hard to spot. Right after the steep climb, to the west is a trail head. Gets you to the rest of the trails. Back there you get into the rest of the trail system.

fun trail if you live close- a little hard to find as it's at the very back of the park . it's a quiet trail as if you were out in the middle of nowhere. I wouldn't go out of my way for it tho as it's short and not much terrain change.

nice park in a neighborhood in North Austin, trail is easy with some up hill, shaded for most part, this is a great trail to do if don't have much time or if tired

geocaching

Kids love it.

Great trail, shaded, lots of ground cover but well defined paths. Short enough to walk after work.

I this nice cause it in walking distance from my house and it about 4 mile trail, just be careful walking on the rocks, it just ok trail but good workout.