Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Three Falls Hike is a 7.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.3 miles Elevation Gain: 275 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Awesome! Loved swimming in the waterfall areas

I parked on Lost Creek St off 360 hwy before 9am to start hiking. Much less traffic comparing to the one off Mopac. Had to cross the creek which is about 2 ft deep on rocks & logs (left my trekking poles in car but made it, eh) to start the trail (check this app map). The creek is behind people’s homes. Good distance of hiking and several waterfalls to look at & took pics. The trail got traffic when I was near Mopac. I went to the other side of the creek to return to my parked car. The trail was much less traffic and enjoyed ups & downs around the rocks & trees near the edge of the creek with my dog. Parking on Lost Creek St is much better! I was trying to find the cave from GSP as it showed. Was not sure if it’s above the trail. How do I find it? Dang!

My wife and I have been hiking local trails lately and today's at three falls was the best I've experienced yet! Far less mountain bikes than the BCG nearer Zilker, absolutely beautiful tree canopy, many old oaks and limestone boulders, well traveled trails. Will do it again soon and highly recommend! Most of the creek was dry, so will be nice to see it in the Fall.

The hike was great. I did it with my daughters. We were all disappointed that the river/falls were completely dry. But we still had a great daughters/dad hike after all.

This is a very scenic and pleasant hike that does involve two crossings of Barton Creek, ankle-deep and knee-deep respectively. It is therefore not to be attempted after a recent rain. If you don't want wet hiking shoes, bring a pair of river shoes. Also, having a hiking stick or trekking poles increases your safety at these fords which are crossed at your own risk. You will be glad to have them in a determined current, yet again, do avoid these crossings after a recent rain. The meadow is unshaded and will benefit from a hat and sunscreen. Enjoy!

Mon Dec 10 2007

Gentle trail with sufficient variety to make it interesting. Falls are not particularly impressive, at least in December. Directions from I35 to trailhead in "60 Hikes..." trail guide are poor unless one is a local.

52 minutes ago