Learn more

The Triangle Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(99)
Memorial Park

The Triangle Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Houston, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 52 feet Route Type: Loop

Wear proper trail running shoes.

Fri Apr 26 2019

Abundant wildflowers in the spring. True raw nature trail. Must be conscious of mountain bikers. Tunnels after a rain may be flooded and impassable but crossover Memorial Dr. to bypass. Didn't feel shorted by 1.8 mile trail. Moderate rating seems accurate.

Wed Mar 13 2019

This is a good trail if you’re really looking for a hike as opposed to just a walk. Good elevations provide a work out. It is in the woods so obviously if Houston has been experiencing a wet spell, the downside of those elevations can be a problem as well as the underpasses that go under Memorial and Woodway. To Amy who complained about this, maybe you should stick with the paved jogging trails. Not sure what you expected from a hike in the woods after a week of rain.

Sun Dec 09 2018

Very challenging for me as a beginner. Lots of elevation changes, tree roots some mud. Beautiful wooded area.

Tue Oct 09 2018

They have a stair way you can jump squat I love the setup I used to come daily perfect distance for joggers

Sat Oct 06 2018

Really muddy, hasn’t been dry in months

Wed Jun 27 2018

This was our first time out there. We got a little off the beaten path, but that was the fun part. It was still a little slippery, we had a great time out there, but will let it dry a bit more before tackeling it again.

Thu May 17 2018

It's a little convoluted to get to the trail, but once you are there... WOW. As a hiker, this trail gives you great exercise and training for harder trail. As it is used a lot of mountain biking, the hills are steep. Besides making the triangle, add the Hogg Loop (flat terrain) to relax and grab miles before making the triangle again to go back. Awesome work-out. I will definitely go back here. But if it rains, your can not go under Memorial Drive (Twice) in order to get to the trail. Mud will keep you out.

Sun Mar 04 2018

This was a horrible trail. Water was covering part of the trail. It would have come up to our knees. It was a big muddy mess. With 10 to 15 foot ups and downs. It was also very steep.

Fri Jan 05 2018

Very technical and a good challenge if you thing Green is getting comfortable.

Fri Jul 28 2017

My girlfriend and I have been wanting to get into trail walking so I got lucky finding this app. Once I downloaded it I found the nearest hard difficulty trail and we ended up having a blast. It was just what we were wanting.

Sun Dec 11 2016

This was my first hike. It's a good trail with a couple of tunnels. I wouldnt say it's difficult but it's not a beginner trail.

1 hour ago