The Dam Drop Loop

The Dam Drop Loop is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Pretty site, just lots of trash. Trails are hard to tell apart from the places that are just washed out, and the views are pretty great for a city park.

Ok, we reallllly loved this hike. It wore us out! Lots of beautiful things to see! Be prepared! There is a beautiful spot by the water to sit down and have lunch we loved it!
Now, there are a few things I think that need to be said about this place. THE TRAILS HAVE NO MARKERS! We did not know we were on a bike trail pretty much the whole time! We almost caused an accident a few times because we honestly did not know. The bike trails are pretty active so keep your ears open to listen for them!
Make sure you wear some good hiking shoes! (not flip flops

It was nice but kinda crowded and really dirty. Lots of trash and it smelled kinda bad. The falls were really nice, and it was a good climb. Just dirty.

This trail is wonderful! It has a little bit of everything: forest that reminds me of hiking in the northeast, desert/canyon, creek and river. It is pretty steep and rocky in parts so be careful with little kids or if your dog pulls a lot. There are many shoot off trails that lead straight to the water and small private areas where people fish. It is also a biking trail so be aware of what's going on in front and behind you. There are hardly trail markers and many many paths. Most of the paths connect or lead back to other trails so I wasn't worried about getting lost. Just as a precaution though I used the all trail tracker. Overall great trail, I'll definitely be coming back with my pup again.

some of it can get confusing, had to follow map at times, other times easy trail to follow. different terrain, rock, dirt, and grass trail mix. Next to water for some and pretty views! We enjoyed it, will go again.

Not well marked, plan to follow the app and bring a spare battery. It’s pretty... for the city.

Fast and fun