The Anthills Trail

The Anthills Trail is a 11 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Houston, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great trail! well maintained. just watch out for speeding bike riding!

Terry Hershey has a long paved hike & bike trail. The anthills are actually the unpaved portions down lower next to the river I believe. It is a nice but heavily trafficked trail inside of Houston.

Great trail! The 3 stars are for how terrible the security is. Our car window was broken into at the parking lot to steal a bag (that didn’t have anything in it by the way) because we knew that cars got broken into all the time.

Great trail

Wonderful, long, well maintained, mostly blacktop trail system. Interesting stops along the way. all skill levels can appreciate what it has to offer. The "anthills" are just enough to keep it interesting and a bit challenging to maintain revolutions and momentum. Wonderful gem in the middle of H-town.a

my go too trail for my regular rides.

Enjoyed the peace and quiet, scenery was cool can’t wait to take the road bike out on it’s that smooth.

One if the better places to go in Houston.

very nice place to ride

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Great Trails for essentially being in a city with no elevation. The trail builders did an excellent job taking advantage of every little but of elevation change and there is now a small pump track and dirt jumps at the east end of the trails.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Great for when my other off road trails are washed out. It's scenic and winding so it's difficult to get bored. Please leave valuables are anything really, at home. Come with an empty car. I've had my car broken into before and so have several others.

Monday, June 12, 2017

Great trail once a couple other riders showed me where the entrance was. Being that it was my first time out there I really enjoyed it. All the trails I have hit this weekend in town are great. The only reason it's not five stars is really the lack of posted signs to tell you where you are or give you and idea.

Saturday, June 03, 2017

Great trail, good distance

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The trails are awesome. There is a huge problem. The parking lot the direction take you to is a hot spot for breakins. How do I know it? My jeep was broken into today. They popped out the lock from the outside and caused damage to the door. My wife's purse was stolen which was hidden so they had to be watching us when we pulled up. The police explained to us happens frequently. Unfortunately, the trails were technical with jumps and burns. You pick up the dirt trails to the left about a half a mile down across Eldridge. I would go back had this not happened. Can't say I will now. Might find a different parking area.

Monday, March 20, 2017

great family hiking!

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Long path... Connects with George Bush Park... absolutely love it.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Enjoyable single track. Fun ride with friends.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Boring...

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Nice open areas to picnic and relax. Very dog friendly.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Directions incorrect; actually park at s briar forest and dairy ash ford

Friday, August 12, 2016

Awesome, highly recommend. Medium paced, moderate terrain and really fun

Sunday, July 24, 2016

It was fun and challenging going uphill

Sunday, March 20, 2016

It was good but watch out for bikers!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

It stinks...literally. There is a water treatment facility near the beltway 8 area. The area near Wilcrest is nice though. Better to drive 2 hours to Austin.

Sunday, November 01, 2015

I ride it all the time it's the best!

Monday, August 31, 2015

Great trail but not much for mountain bikers. There's a dirt path that runs parallel to the main one which was fun, but I found the trail pretty packed with people and quite easy.

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Great trail. East side is much more hilly and shaded than the west. Lots of bikers as this is a paved trail.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Flooded, good trail once dry though

Tuesday, June 09, 2015

I run this paved path on a regular basis from the Dairy Ashford entrance. When the flood waters get high, it does get muddy, especially the further east you go. If you go west from Dairy Ashford, the elevation stays high enough that you don't have to worry about the water or mud as much. The path doesn't get too packed, though sometimes between bikers, runners, and walkers, this place reminds you that you're in the middle of the city. However, once you get away from the main roads, and especially down by the water (Buffalo Bayou), the road noise dies away enough that you can imagine that you're not in the city anymore. Great walk, but does *not* feel like a "trail".