Tejas Trail

Tejas Trail is a 14.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Georgetown, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

I will be back to do a complete hike. Was only able to get into the trail by 3.8 miles and turned around completing 7.17 miles since it was getting dark. This was an awesome trail and I can’t wait to really get some miles here!

Beautiful trail. Not many people out during the week.

Took my dog and hiked the complete trail from Texas Camp to Cedar Park entrance and trail head. April is a great time for this trail as the wild flowers are out and the trees are in full shade mode. Beautiful views of the lake as well. However I seriously doubt that this trail is 14.2 miles out and back since the whole trail is 26 miles long.

I'm from the area so I might be a little biased but, to me, this is one of the prettiest trails on earth. Plus, you are walking through history as this was a popular spot for Native Americans and eventually the Hunt Family.

Loved it!

My dog and I checked out the trails for a change of scenery. It was a beautiful walk with tons of birds and ducks. Saw a fox or maybe small coyote on the trail. Didn’t see anyone on the trail which was peaceful.

Great trail lots of open space, great elevation change and water views.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Went hiking with dog. Nice views and change of scenery.

Friday, May 05, 2017

Sunday, January 15, 2017

On Thursday, January 12, I hiked about 5 miles in and didn't go to the end of the trail. It was a moderate hike. Spotted some quail along the way and some ducks in the river. Nice trail. Not crowded during the week. I plan to hike the full length soon so that I can say I finished it.

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Great hiking trails

Monday, October 10, 2016

Good trail, a little over grown in some areas but not too terrible.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Trail was nice and parts were shady so you got a reprieve from the heat which was nice. We only did 21/2 miles in look forward to going back and doing more.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Great for whole family

Monday, July 11, 2016

Great trail but we only got about 1 mile and it was flooded!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Beautiful with all the spring flowers still in bloom. Friendly area, out in the country except for some loud boaters, but all in all very fun. I hope to come back and do the entire trail soon.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Beautiful, minimal crowds. Nice variety of terrain along the hike. Lots of shade and potential for swimming.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Great trail to hike and take the dogs. It rained a couple of days ago so it was muddy but not too bad. Beautiful scenery throughout, especially the views of the lake. It appeared crowded when we first drove up but most of the people we saw were fishing near the lake and there weren't any people hiking the trail. Overall it was a great hike! Looking forward to biking the other side.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Tejas Trail is a section of Georgetown’s 28-mile Goodwater Trail and a mix of terrain that’s perfect on a balmy day. It’s not marked with any signage that indicates the Tejas Trail, but is accessible from the Tejas campground and tracks the San Gabriel River the entire route, through grassy flatlands to some shaded and elevated terrain. There’s a single track section used by mountain bikers. We encountered a few hikers, some with dogs off-leash, folks fishing from shore or playing on the occasional river beaches, and a through-hiking pack of Boy Scouts. On the river, some kayakers fished. A nice trail for some solitude and exercise.

Monday, January 18, 2016

awesome trail to work cardio with nice elevations. came late and couldnt complete circuit due to losing light but definitely coming back.
Great views of the river

Monday, December 21, 2015

I enjoyed this trail. It was actually my first one! We really enjoyed the view of the lake and quietness in the area. It was great exercise as well! I would definitely go back again!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Hiked the trail this morning. Sooooo nice, loved it! When you get there to the parking lot, go straight on through the meadow at the end- not the sign that says river loop (or something like that)! There'll be a campsite. Go through it, and that's when you'll hit the trail. There's not actually a sign marking it.

It's a great trail, I loved it, and so did my mom! For about 2mi in it's pretty flat, then there are stairs and you have to start climbing.

Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Hiking this side of Lake Georgetown is definitely the best trail in Williamson County as far as finding some seclusion, trees, and elevation change. The other side of the lake is increasingly developed, but the noise doesn't make it across the lake...yet. Great views.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Beautiful! There are some places where the trail was very narrow but I thoroughly enjoyed this trail! I will definitely be back.

Monday, August 03, 2015

My better half and I went to Tejas trial for the first time in Georgetown Tx on Sunday AM. We found the trial to be well maintained and it was an easy one but still provided nice views once up on the tree line looking down into the lake and the cliff edges. We trekked about 6 miles before we decided the Texas sun had warmed things up enough that it was time to head out. We only met a few solo runners and some families with dogs during the day. I would recommend it as a check it off the box trial. I did have one tick when I got home but it was easily removed and we will go back at some point.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

7/12/2015 the road is closed to Tejas park.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

My wife and I are trying desperately to find campsites that are quiet. We had hoped that Tejas Camp could accommodate our search but alas, this place is almost as bad as everywhere else. First thing, BUGS, everywhere. All the time. Have you ever seen a spittlebug? Go here to fill that need. It's also a virtual pill bug preserve complete with breeding program. Anyway, the sites are spread out but the camp host doesn't do anything to enforce quiet hours. The trails go directly through the sites so you have no privacy. The scenery is peaceful and pretty but overall I felt like the experience wasn't any different than camping at Enchanted Rock.