Tandy Hills Trail

Tandy Hills Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tandy Hills Natural Area is a 160 acre indigenous remnant of prairie located in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas. Tandy Hills Natural Area (THNA) is a 160 acre indigenous remnant of Fort Worth prairie located in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas. The land was obtained by the City of Fort Worth Parks Department in the 1960s and designated a natural area in 1987. Since 1990, the park has been managed by the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. Noted for its unusually complete collection of prairie flora, THNA contains more than 500 native plant species. The show of spring wildflowers is unsurpassed in the Metroplex. The land is a living demonstration of how most of Fort Worth and the Great Plains appeared in predevelopment times. THNA is adjacent to I-30 and less than 5 minutes from downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The fact that it has never been developed and survived into the 21st century in relatively pristine condition is extremely remarkable.

Liked this spot, but no parking area (have to park on the street) and trails are barely marked. It is a pretty location with lots of trails to try.

I like how surprising it is to find this kind of elevation & rural location in the city. It was a short day trip for me and my kiddos. We liked the dirt trails and mostly shaded. It's not marked all that well, I will agree. However, I just used my phone gps to keep us on track with previous peoples' courses using this app. Will return.

Trails a little hard to navigate. No signage.

You can get lost easily

I enjoy this Hill lovely place feel Peaceful definitely will keep coming ....,

Great little place in the middle of the metroplex to do some hiking. Lots of trails and lots of fun. We will definitely be returning!

I came early in the morning to beat the heat. A lot of rocks and dirt paths. Do not come here after it has rained. The trails are not marked too well. A lot of split paths that lead you to a dead end.. at one point I was lead to the back yard of someone's home.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Friday, July 15, 2016

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Friday, May 27, 2016

Says on this app that it's for biking - signs everywhere say otherwise.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

I took my two boys (4/2) hiking thru Tandy last weekend and loved it! The trails are very clearly marked, beautiful wild flowers everywhere, lots of friendly couples out hiking and walking their dogs. Overall it was a great experience and some of the steepest elevation changes I've seen in Tarrant County, with the exception of Marion Samson. Loved it, going back again soon!