Tandy Hills Trail

Tandy Hills Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Tandy Hills Natural Area is a 160 acre indigenous remnant of prairie located in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas. Tandy Hills Natural Area (THNA) is a 160 acre indigenous remnant of Fort Worth prairie located in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas. The land was obtained by the City of Fort Worth Parks Department in the 1960s and designated a natural area in 1987. Since 1990, the park has been managed by the Fort Worth Nature Center and Refuge. Noted for its unusually complete collection of prairie flora, THNA contains more than 500 native plant species. The show of spring wildflowers is unsurpassed in the Metroplex. The land is a living demonstration of how most of Fort Worth and the Great Plains appeared in predevelopment times. THNA is adjacent to I-30 and less than 5 minutes from downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The fact that it has never been developed and survived into the 21st century in relatively pristine condition is extremely remarkable.

Good geocaching

this was my 1st hike! I learned a lot! to start earlier, I started at 8am, and that I need trekking poles for safety because no one was out there and I'd be stranded if I rolled my ankle. I saw a lizard cross my path, which reminded there could be snakes and I had tennis shoes on. I also should have brought an Asset Pad! only the ground to sit on. it's true Texas terrain, loaded with mesquite trees and tons of wild flowers when I went the middle of July. all the colors together! the trails look like a fun maze! but as long as you can see downtown, you know where you are. you have to park on the street and walk all the way across the playground to see the start of the trail. it was clean & I didn't leave anything behind. it's a good place for biking or trail running, but little bits of shade. beautiful view. there's history on this trail you can look up if you home school. I'll go back with boots and trekking poles! (I'm a 62 year old female)

Liked this spot, but no parking area (have to park on the street) and trails are barely marked. It is a pretty location with lots of trails to try.

I like how surprising it is to find this kind of elevation & rural location in the city. It was a short day trip for me and my kiddos. We liked the dirt trails and mostly shaded. It's not marked all that well, I will agree. However, I just used my phone gps to keep us on track with previous peoples' courses using this app. Will return.

Trails a little hard to navigate. No signage.

You can get lost easily

I enjoy this Hill lovely place feel Peaceful definitely will keep coming ....,

Great little place in the middle of the metroplex to do some hiking. Lots of trails and lots of fun. We will definitely be returning!

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Monday, August 29, 2016

I came early in the morning to beat the heat. A lot of rocks and dirt paths. Do not come here after it has rained. The trails are not marked too well. A lot of split paths that lead you to a dead end.. at one point I was lead to the back yard of someone's home.

Saturday, July 23, 2016