Stevenson Preserve Loop Trail is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 111 feet Route Type: Loop

The scenery on this hike is typical for Austin. Most of the trail is open area with different grasses and weeds growing. There are also sections of trail that wind through cedar-wooded areas. In some spots, you will see remnants of old rock walls as in other greenbelts in Austin. The trails in this preserve do not appear to be maintained, so some sections are well-defined, while others are difficult to really follow well. It is extremely easy to get lost with all of the criss-crossing trails, so a GPS receiver with tracking enabled is a good idea. Also, people ride motorcycles on these trails, so keep your eyes and ears open for them.

This place needs marks for the trail. I got lost several times and I used this app for GPS which was helpful. Very muddy and has good shaded trees. I couldn’t find artwork that I saw in pics. On the bright side, it’s 5 mins away from my home and I’ll return if they have the trail marks.

great park and trail system. use GPS. I marked a few interesting spots (cemetery, old well). careful next to William cannon as there is a large homeless camp.

When starting this trail, it was easy to follow and thank goodness I had a GPS to follow as we did get lost. It became too muddy and we had to scramble and to try to find our way back.

One of Austin’s best preserved hiking trail secrets. You can easily get in 4 miles if you wind through the trails. Part of the preserve is up on a hill, so you can get in some good exercise, winding through the trails. I call these the Love Woods bc there is a clear heart theme, with art and sculptures through the woods. You’ll need gps (google maps) to see where you are in the woods on the trails. The comments about it easy to get lost are no joke!

Try to find the limestone house site and the pillaged (slave?) grave (that's a hard one). (Sorry, I can go there by landmarks but I don't know which mapped trails. I'll record them when I hike there next.)

A vast network of trails; very easy to get lost. A decent trail to hike with lots of shade. 5stars for BMX and motocross.

This trail is nice for nearby my place. It has cool hidden metal artwork! It is a nice park for dogs, hiking, playground, and I’ve seen some people to sit one spot just have a picnic!

A nice shaded walk in the woods. A myriad of trails that circle, cross and general go in all directions.

Great short hike in the neighborhood. Be careful because there are a lot of trial sprouts so it's easy to get lost. Also some trials are closed. Ran into a park ranger that also told us dogs are actually not allowed on the trails, even leashed.

Sat May 18 2019

Cool trail and it’s mostly shaded. My GPS had some trouble with accuracy in this area and there are many unmarked forks. You can get lost or off trail easily. Lots of nice scenery, trees, and wildflowers. There appears to be some people that are living in the woods where the trail approaches William Cannon.

Fri Feb 15 2019

I never knew this little gem existed around the corner from my house. awesome mt bike trail that can be as easy or difficult as you want. It's a moderately easy trail, but there are some steep rocky climbs/drops and some flat pedalling sections between. will definitely be back

Thu Oct 26 2017

Ok, trails are not marked.

Wed Sep 20 2017

So there's a lot more to this trail than just the 1.5 mile loop. I got pretty lost on my first time here as there are really no mile markers around. Wasn't too bad because it's pretty much completely shaded. Many parts of the trail are very narrow and you might have to step aside to let people go by you so keep your eyes peeled. Be sure to bring water. They don't have any fountains at the park from what I could see. Also wear shoes with good support, lots of rocks and branches. All in all, cool neighborhood spot to go if you live in the area!

Sun Nov 20 2016

These are great trails for walking the dogs, it's easy to escape and walk trails with little signs of the city around. Very nice city escape.

Thu Jun 02 2016

Don't bother with any rain in site. No direction. Just a bunch of shoot off trails.

Sun May 10 2015

This is a great little pocket of hills and trees and wildlife in the middle of a city. We live in the neighborhood and walk the trails of Stephenson almost daily. There are dozens of criss-crossing trails that can either lead to great adventure or confusing frustration, depending on your attitude. You can have walks of a mile or follow the meanders and turn at the intersections and put in four miles or more. We've seen all kinds of wildlife: deer, rabbits, hundreds of butterflies, snakes, lizards, etc. A very enjoyable place.

Thu Jul 17 2014

Charming, enchanting forest with magical mystical winding roads where you'll meet a real corpse of a dead dragon, as well as a land nymph made of barbed wire. Often the colors and the terrain changes and there are many forks, (do take them as Yogi advises). But beware of the forest trolls who live in the caves. Avoid the golden path into the ethereal space or you'll be lost forever.

Sat Oct 12 2013

Mostly a walk around the park, very little trail, and not easy to see what trail there was. We walked all the way around and only covered a mile. The park backs right up to houses, so the path is sandwiched between. Not sure how anyone got 2 miles, pretty much misrepresented. Not going back again.