St Edwards Park Creek Trail

St Edwards Park Creek Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Capitol Of Texas Highway take Spicewood Springs Rd to the west 2.5 miles to parking area. From highway 183 take the McNeil Dr./Spicewood Springs Rd exit, turn on Spicewood Springs Rd and the parking area is 3.5 miles.

Running here is always a treat. Plenty of people, but not so many that's overwhelming. The two sides of the park, the trails on each side (once past the creek) are very good hills climbs. The more north side has some ups and downs and is a bit technical, a few turns. The more south side is one gradual, mostly smooth (but rocky) run straight up. I suggest for a good workout, start on one side and run to the back, then run the other side to the front, then reverse. Good hill repeats this way.

And if you stay on the north/east side of the creek, and run some of the trail (not marked on the map) along the creek, you'll definitely have a good chance at spotting some deer.

Gave this 4 stars because the water was so low, we got to hike right up the river. The trails themselves are nothing special. Hike is worth it though.

And beware of snakes.

This place is beautiful.
There is running water and a northern vista from atop one of the hillside trails. An easy hike to get to IMO.

Some of the trails have a bit of overgrowth, but take your time, watch where you're stepping and beware of snakes. They're kinda hard to see at first but the ones I saw where hanging out in the middle of the trail. I saw three on three different occasions. This last time my dog got bit by what I think might have been a copper head. I think this might be helpful. So, don't be me. Keep your doggo bringing up the rear or trailing a bit behind you. You might be able to see them before they can.

multiple trails and not all ate in this app, as isnnoted by others, we chose one close to creek, then crossed creek and hiked up the hill. The creek is great for summer lounging, trails well marked, although some signs covered by graffiti. Busy even in summer, many dogs, well behaved. A good place to explore due to the many trails.

Beautiful lush terrains along the creek. We are inexperienced hikers and there were so many beautiful spots to stop and jump in and swim. As long as we stayed along the creek we never felt like we would get lost, and we didn't. This was a great place to bring the kids back to. Several rope swing spots and a pretty incredible dam wall near where we parked that you can walk across.