St. Edwards Green and Red Loop

St. Edwards Green and Red Loop is a 2.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.7 miles Elevation Gain: 347 feet Route Type: Loop

From Capitol Of Texas Highway take Spicewood Springs Rd to the west 2.5 miles to parking area. From highway 183 take the McNeil Dr./Spicewood Springs Rd exit, turn on Spicewood Springs Rd and the parking area is 3.5 miles.

They added arrows along the trail to help you figure out where to go- it’s a very beautiful trail and easy to follow either way!

Took my group 2:19 with plenty of stops to check out different things. Great trail:)

I enjoyed my hike. Several nice places to hang out by the creek and a couple groups were in a swimming hole off the red trail when I walked by.

closed

I would recommend this for beginners. It's not terribly long and not hilly at all. There's a bunch of different trails to check out.

Really enjoyed the hike. It was a random sunny and 75 Sunday in January, so it was crowded by the river and trails around it. Many people were in the river or drinking by it making loud noise. This trail was perfect to get away from all that noise. There were several people that I passed but a majority of the time I was alone. Would recommend taking this trail if you don’t want to deal with the crowds. There were a few steep inclines but overall, no more than a 350 ft elevation increase.

You have to make sure that you're way zoomed in on the map in the beginning or you will end up off the red trail and onto the blue trail. Once you have your bearings it's a great hike with a bit of elevation gain. Pretty heavily trafficked on the weekends, but still worth a visit!

This is a very nice intermediate level trail. There is a lot of rocky parts that you need to mindful of as well as some down barbed wire fence. The waterfall is absolutely gorgeous and the paths were well marked. It’s dog friendly as well!

Can follow the creek to keep wet if you or doggo wants

Awesome trail for kiddos! It was easy to walk, but not TOO easy for the adults. We didn’t see much traffic on a Saturday morning which was a pleasant surprise. Ample parking, too! If you can get across river and go up to the peak you’ll catch some pretty awesome views.

Easy and nice with kids

Eh, pretty boring and too easy. Walking, not hiking trail.

Loved this! Looks like it could be a great swimming spot in warm weather.

Trail was rocky and mostly shaded. Lots of poison ivy alongside trail so wear pants. Zero shade once you get to the top.

My dog enjoys here.

The trail was a little overgrown at some parts, but the scenery was kind of nice. We had our pup and didn't want to take a chance with her in the water, so we had to cut our hike short. We will go back after it's rained a little bit. I'd say it's worth checking out.

bridge out

Enjoyed this hike. I was told the Girl Scouts will be out marking the trails this weekend to make for easier navigation. We stayed on the brown trail which starts after crossing the creek. It was a short but fun trail. We actually did the loop twice just to get at least 4 miles in. There is still cool running water in the creek (no toxic algae at this time) dogs enjoyed a good cool down at the end of the hike.