St Edwards and Bull Creek Greenbelt Trail

St Edwards and Bull Creek Greenbelt Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Capitol Of Texas Highway take Spicewood Springs Rd to the west 2.5 miles to parking area. From highway 183 take the McNeil Dr./Spicewood Springs Rd exit, turn on Spicewood Springs Rd and the parking area is 3.5 miles.

Great hike! There are a few spots I had to take my shoes off to cross the water, but if the creek isn’t as filled, you should be able to walk across.

Some areas pretty muddy after rain but there are alternate trails right around it. I love this hike and so does my dog. Good elevation changes for the area.

Love this trail! Great for kids and pets.

This is a beautiful west Austin park. It’s not too big, however it’s very scenic. Great trail for dogs!

Beautiful hike and creek. Easy for all ages. Also, dog friendly.

Good after a rain. Can become dry during summer during drought years ESP waterways.

Starts off pretty flat but does elevate. Breaks into multiple trails, which are marked. Easy to navigate on the side with the parking lot, clearly marked. harder to navigate on the other side, lots of rocky/steep ledges & not marked. Got lost, but was fun haha. Will hike this again!

I wouldn’t follow this, stick to the trails. I was bushwhacking half way through and county continue because of the overgrowth.

Great place to enjoy with your dog. The further you hike the more private swimming ops become.

BEAUTIFUL walk! There were wildflowers and cacti and a creek you could swim in. There were a lot of side trails, so I had to keep this app open to keep me on the official trail. It should be noted that you have to cross the creek to do this loop.

Good hike with kids. Some parts rocky and steep but kids handled it well. Lots of different paths to take and great spots for kids to play in the water. Recommend getting there early. Parking fills up.

Ok route, very well marked and traveled.

Decent spot to swim but the red trail runs right next to a road the entire time. Not the best hike

Easy route, beautiful view of creek the whole time, and water is low enough to step across

Good one but route post/pillars are not much helpful

Friday, February 09, 2018

One of my faves. Beautiful clear creek. Limestone cliffs on the side. I’ve returned to this trail multiple times. Lovely place to swim too.

Friday, February 02, 2018

Lovely and well-kept trails. Went around noon on a Thursday and crossed paths with 5-7 other hikers as well as a couple of bike riders. Creek is low enough to cross via large stones and rocks in the water. Parking was almost full when I arrived, so I imagine on the weekends it can be quite tricky to park. I will definitely be hiking these trails again in the future!

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Convenient trails well kept

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Most of the trail was beautiful. Some parts were right along a main road. Not difficult at all (though path is loose rock)

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Today I parked at the 360 parking where the Bull Creek Loop starts. Plenty of parking there. I ran the Bull Creek Loop trail until you get to the intersection underneath the huge powerlines, and instead of turning back towards east and staying on the loop, I turned west, went through some gates and across a street, through a nice trail through the woods- mostly single track with "cobble stone" type rocks. This trail led me right to St Edward's park.

The park was the same as last time. Plenty of rocky trail, dirt trail, tree roots, large and step ups, elevation changes, brush creeping in on the trail- and the best part, as usual, is the trail that goes right along the creek-cliffside. Wonderful views. Also saw two other people, not running but dressed in normal street clothes, looking at their GPS, discussing location. I'm guessing they were geocaching. There are plenty of geocaches in this park.

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

we travel this trail often... good trail for an easy hike... on weekends it can be crowded... go during the week... and go up.

Monday, October 02, 2017

Not sure I would put it in the Top 5 trails for Austin, but it's a decent trail.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Trails could be better maintained, and marked, but it's a beautiful area and a fun hike.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Love this trail with elevation difference

Monday, September 04, 2017

Just wasn't as fun as I expected. So many different trails I got confused. And really overgrown trails. The water was nice and lots of swimmers out.

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Terribly marked, got lost and wound up trapped in a thorn/overgrown brush trap. Don't recommend.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

We must have went on the worst day. It was extremely muddy and we kept literally getting stuck in thick mud. It was pretty but nothing to write home about.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Saturday, August 05, 2017

So over grown and not a wide path. Would not recommend or return again