St Edwards and Bull Creek Greenbelt Trail

St Edwards and Bull Creek Greenbelt Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Capitol Of Texas Highway take Spicewood Springs Rd to the west 2.5 miles to parking area. From highway 183 take the McNeil Dr./Spicewood Springs Rd exit, turn on Spicewood Springs Rd and the parking area is 3.5 miles.

I wouldn’t follow this, stick to the trails. I was bushwhacking half way through and county continue because of the overgrowth.

Great place to enjoy with your dog. The further you hike the more private swimming ops become.

BEAUTIFUL walk! There were wildflowers and cacti and a creek you could swim in. There’d were a lot of side trails, so I had to keep this app open to keep me on the official trail. It should be noted that you have to cross the creek to do this loop.

Good hike with kids. Some parts rocky and steep but kids handled it well. Lots of different paths to take and great spots for kids to play in the water. Recommend getting there early. Parking fills up.

Ok route, very well marked and traveled.

Decent spot to swim but the red trail runs right next to a road the entire time. Not the best hike

Easy route, beautiful view of creek the whole time, and water is low enough to step across

Good one but route post/pillars are not much helpful

One of my faves. Beautiful clear creek. Limestone cliffs on the side. I’ve returned to this trail multiple times. Lovely place to swim too.

Lovely and well-kept trails. Went around noon on a Thursday and crossed paths with 5-7 other hikers as well as a couple of bike riders. Creek is low enough to cross via large stones and rocks in the water. Parking was almost full when I arrived, so I imagine on the weekends it can be quite tricky to park. I will definitely be hiking these trails again in the future!

Convenient trails well kept

Most of the trail was beautiful. Some parts were right along a main road. Not difficult at all (though path is loose rock)

Today I parked at the 360 parking where the Bull Creek Loop starts. Plenty of parking there. I ran the Bull Creek Loop trail until you get to the intersection underneath the huge powerlines, and instead of turning back towards east and staying on the loop, I turned west, went through some gates and across a street, through a nice trail through the woods- mostly single track with "cobble stone" type rocks. This trail led me right to St Edward's park.

The park was the same as last time. Plenty of rocky trail, dirt trail, tree roots, large and step ups, elevation changes, brush creeping in on the trail- and the best part, as usual, is the trail that goes right along the creek-cliffside. Wonderful views. Also saw two other people, not running but dressed in normal street clothes, looking at their GPS, discussing location. I'm guessing they were geocaching. There are plenty of geocaches in this park.

we travel this trail often... good trail for an easy hike... on weekends it can be crowded... go during the week... and go up.

Not sure I would put it in the Top 5 trails for Austin, but it's a decent trail.

Trails could be better maintained, and marked, but it's a beautiful area and a fun hike.

Love this trail with elevation difference

Just wasn't as fun as I expected. So many different trails I got confused. And really overgrown trails. The water was nice and lots of swimmers out.

Terribly marked, got lost and wound up trapped in a thorn/overgrown brush trap. Don't recommend.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

We must have went on the worst day. It was extremely muddy and we kept literally getting stuck in thick mud. It was pretty but nothing to write home about.

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Saturday, August 05, 2017

So over grown and not a wide path. Would not recommend or return again

Monday, July 31, 2017

Visiting Austin area for 2 months. Found this hike on the app. Wasn't too impressed. Many of the paths are heavily overgrown and the river was wicked low right now. Although many people followed the rules with dogs leashed, not everyone did unfortunately. Didn't come across any snakes on our trip. Don't think we'll be returning to this spot during our visit.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Great trail water is super low right now. We normally go here for some good swimming holes. I wouldn't recommend it right now for swimming tho.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Running here is always a treat. Plenty of people, but not so many that's overwhelming. The two sides of the park, the trails on each side (once past the creek) are very good hills climbs. The more north side has some ups and downs and is a bit technical, a few turns. The more south side is one gradual, mostly smooth (but rocky) run straight up. I suggest for a good workout, start on one side and run to the back, then run the other side to the front, then reverse. Good hill repeats this way.

And if you stay on the north/east side of the creek, and run some of the trail (not marked on the map) along the creek, you'll definitely have a good chance at spotting some deer.

Friday, July 21, 2017

Gave this 4 stars because the water was so low, we got to hike right up the river. The trails themselves are nothing special. Hike is worth it though.

Friday, June 30, 2017

And beware of snakes.

This place is beautiful.
There is running water and a northern vista from atop one of the hillside trails. An easy hike to get to IMO.

Some of the trails have a bit of overgrowth, but take your time, watch where you're stepping and beware of snakes. They're kinda hard to see at first but the ones I saw where hanging out in the middle of the trail. I saw three on three different occasions. This last time my dog got bit by what I think might have been a copper head. I think this might be helpful. So, don't be me. Keep your doggo bringing up the rear or trailing a bit behind you. You might be able to see them before they can.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

multiple trails and not all ate in this app, as isnnoted by others, we chose one close to creek, then crossed creek and hiked up the hill. The creek is great for summer lounging, trails well marked, although some signs covered by graffiti. Busy even in summer, many dogs, well behaved. A good place to explore due to the many trails.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

Beautiful lush terrains along the creek. We are inexperienced hikers and there were so many beautiful spots to stop and jump in and swim. As long as we stayed along the creek we never felt like we would get lost, and we didn't. This was a great place to bring the kids back to. Several rope swing spots and a pretty incredible dam wall near where we parked that you can walk across.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

This trail is nicely shaded with access to the creek at various points along the trail. It's narrow so you'll need to stop and allow others to pass. Took my dogs and they enjoyed stopping at the creek for a swim. Easy, peasy and relaxing!