Squabble Creek Trail

Squabble Creek Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rockwall, Texas that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail is flat and fast, some areas are still being improved from the nearby construction. Overall, the trail is a good option for locals who are short on time or someone just wanting to get on a new trail. very appropriate for youth mountain biking.

Even though the sign said Trails CLOSED there were several people on the trails here. Several areas where trails disappear but still love this place. Went again today and and sign said Trails OPEN. Same disappearing areas but a great out of the gym workout!

is this trail open now? would love to know before going:)

Fun little trail through the woods - shaded and clean. Hard to follow...not marked well. Can't wait to see what they do with the restoration.

I love exploring at Squabble Creek!!! Some beautiful trees were recently cut down for this gas line which confuses people on the trail and saddens me but I still enjoy walking here and getting into the creek.

all trails still closed exept for biking trails. A heads up on google would have been nice.

Is the trail opened now ??!

it's close

The trail is closed would be nice to know ahead of time

For a small easily accessible trail this one is very good. I see quite a few comments that say it can be hard to find the trail at times...well that is not exactly true. The trail here is tightly packed with many switchbacks, so while it is true you might get confused on which trail is "yours", it is very easy to find "a" trail. There is a map upfront so take a pic, go on a hike, and don't worry too much about getting lost ;)

p.s. there is also a porta potty and water at the front of the trail.

it was fun and pretty scary at night!

This could be a great trail system if the trails were marked. This has to be the worse marked trails that I have ever been on.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Would be better if trails/loops were marked better.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Nice trail! Not too hard at all & mostly shaded. Super convenient water hose at the entrance to was your feet off in case you get a little muddy.

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Trail should be rated as Easy, not Moderate. But, a very nice hike within Rockwall. A hidden gem.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Nice shady creek side loops. At some points I lost the trail, but looking forward to making another trip here soon.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

Good moderate trail.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Pretty good for a local trail. If you do all the loops it is about 6 miles. The trail is allso used for mountain biking, so make sure you are going the correct directions (bikes one-way & hikers the opposite). I think the max elevation changes was about 50'.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Great for moderate hikers and bikers (more advanced for bikers). 5+ miles if you do all of the loops. mostly shady. *I like the fact that they send hikers one way and bikers the opposite way. That way it is easier to spot one another without sneaking up on someone. Has become one of my favorite hiking areas.

*This is a great hiking area that resembles trails from places like Philmont for Boys Scouts, without the pine trees. Would be a great practice hike for scouts.

Monday, July 04, 2016

so cool

Sunday, June 05, 2016

great trails but very muddy

Thursday, March 10, 2016

DR Horton is building all around trail area, so they have ruined the trail in some areas. They have said that they will come in and repair trails once they are done. Other than that we had a wonderful run. The kids really enjoyed the hills and mountain biking obstacles. We have been back three more times!

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Perfect trail for the heat. Almost completely shaded. Didn't even need my sunglasses. Looks like part of loop 3 has been bulldozed, so it's not as long as it used to be. The trail is in excellent shape. Lots of small stumps & exposed roots, which make it more technical for runners. I would actually rate it moderate. I ran about 18 miles. Did multiple loops & explored EVERY path I could find. I loved it.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Having moved here a few months ago, I was looking forward to trying out this trail. Now that it's mostly dried out from the Spring rains, I got a chance to bike it this morning. It's mostly flat, with tight corners and a few small hills. Since it's close to the house, I'll probably bike it many more times, but it's not as challenging as other trails in the area. Still, if you're looking for a quick trail and you're in the area, check it out. The tree cover cannot be beat!

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pretty close to the house! Great for getting some seat time!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Decent ride. Good place for beginners. Some litter in the otherwise clear creek, unfortunately.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Easy hike and mostly very flat. This is more of a mountain biking trail than a hiking trail. Its a good running trail to add a bit a variety to your normal road work. The biggest issue I have is the lack of good markers on the trail. Looking at the map (at the trailhead) it seemed like if I made right turns the whole way, I would make all the loops and complete the full 6 miles. That was not the case and somehow missed a middle section.

I went back and tried to pick the middle section up as soon as I got back to the trail head and still couldn't find it. That being said, you cannot get "lost" and if you are biking the trail you have some good signage facing that way ( I found out later).

Ill go again... but just to stretch my legs and only if I am in the area.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

It was clean and the dogs found it a little more interesting than their own back yard.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Unless you live in the immediate area, it is not worth the drive.

5 min away is a much better, much longer trail....

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

I'm a solidly intermediate mountain biker and Squabble is my "home trail" as it's the closest to me and I've ridden it many times. It is mostly a beginner trail, relatively short and mostly flat. Loops 1 and 2 have a little bit of climbing, but even that is pretty tame. All loops can be bypassed. The real fun and challenge of Squabble is trying to keep up your speed while negotiating the course. It's a very twisty, loopy trail with plenty of switchbacks, tree gates and close-in trees, and very few stretches that remain straight for more than 20 yards or so (it's so twisty, my Endomondo app is nearly a mile short when I'm done - this is not a trail to practice sprinting). Once you look at it from that perspective, it becomes much more fun even if it won't seriously challenge the skills of anybody above beginner level. The trail itself is in very good shape and is well-maintained.