Learn more

Spring Creek Preserve Trail is a 1.1 mile out and back trail located near Garland, Texas that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for walking, trail running, and road biking.

Distance: 1.1 miles Elevation Gain: 52 feet Route Type: Out & Back

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

partially paved

Easy trail perfect for families w young kids. Bring your babies, strollers, bike or scooter. Also make sure to veer right off the main trail following a narrower paved walkway toward the creek.

Nice trail for leisurely stroll

I visited Spring Creek Forest Preserve today for a walk. I knew it would be muddy since it rained yesterday and Friday, so I chose a place with both natural and paved trails. This is a smallish park but very nice. The paved trails are wide and smooth and easy to manage. The natural ones are well-worn in places, and almost unseen in others. I fell once, feet tangled in vines. I’m ok and it wasn’t bad as I fell into a pile of leaves...glad it wasn’t a snake or a hole or broken glass! #mymiddlenameshouldbegrace There is a large apartment complex on one side and the trail is out and back, meaning it ends at a point and you have to come back out again. I didn’t do all the natural trails due to mud, but overall it was 1.7 miles today. It’s a nice area for family walks and for walking the dog. I’d like to explore more when it’s drier.

My favorite part of the trail was the part that was not paved. It was a little overgrown in some spots. I had to carry my little dog through some parts because the overgrown brush had thorn branches over parts of the path. At one part of the path, you can go downhill and get close to the creek.

Could really do with a few signposts.

Thu Feb 14 2019

Nice outdoor dirt trail. Looks like they are adding on some distance to the dirt trail and marking trees with orange and pink paint.

Sun Jan 06 2019

Sadly more trash than most areas I frequent. Would be a gorgeous walk through the woods if not.

Fri Dec 21 2018

One of the best trails In the area. I like to come here for a short hike or nice jog. Sadly it is filled with trash some spots and I wish parks and rec cared to clean it but it’s also the people fault for throwing trash there. Other than that great bike trail too or place to take your dog.

Sat May 19 2018

Beautiful non-technical trail. A great way to start or finish a workout.

Sat Jan 27 2018

Nice short trek through the woods. Saw a rat snake along the way.

Mon Dec 25 2017

Dog crap everywhere. Creek full of garbage. Ok if you live near by and just need a quick place to walk your dog, but not good for anything else.

Thu Nov 16 2017

Super quick and easy trail. Nice and clean with lots of shade.

Sun Oct 01 2017

Just walked this path with my husky. The super wide sidewalk takes you from Holford to North Garland Ave there and back at a steady/decent pace will probably take you about 30 minutes, we also walked the smaller paths on the trail near the Holford side and that added another 15 minutes or so. All in all the trail was nice but wish the city would expand the main path but I understand why they can't. It was definitely clean throughout the paths we took and we did come across some scat people either left behind from their pets or it was an animal. Happy hiking everyone.

Sat Sep 23 2017

The mapped out trail was not what we had expected based on the description. We probably should have stuck to the super wide sidewalk rather than trying to follow the mapped path. As beginners trying to get in shape, that mapped path definitely wasn't "easy" like it shows here. I might try it again and stick to that extra wide path wherever it goes.

Tue Aug 29 2017

The paved path is nice and really wide, probably wide enough for at least five people to walk side by side comfortably. Along the paved path the trees were tall shading the trail and was pretty well maintained. We did come across a fallen tree along the path. We started from Holford Rd. towards N. Garland avenue which according to the gps tracker about 1 mile. We crossed the intersection and went into the unpaved forest trail. We actually walked a mile into it before deciding we should turn back around. The path was very narrow and foliage was extending into the path. We went along the creek side path and crossed paths with a black and yellow snake as well as had to walk across yet another fallen down tree and a mini creek that got our feet a bit wet. The unpaved trail was a little intimidating and truly felt like we were lost in a forrest. I would stick to the paved path if I were a beginner. I don't think the unpaved path loops back around either so be aware if you trek into that part. This hike was taken on 8/28/17 around the time of Hurricane Harvey. The trail wasn't too soft and started to rain right after we were done. This was my second trail in DFW, the first being Arbor Hill trails which had a much less dangerous unpaved trail. I gave this trail 4 stars for having both paved and unpaved. I took one star off for not having much information on the path, as well as it being slightly dangerous. There was debris on the trail and the creek had quite a bit of filth in it as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5DxDESp_PE&app=desktop The trail past north garland road starts at 3:30 but does not look like how it does in this video!

Sun Aug 20 2017