Spring Creek Nature Area Trail

Spring Creek Nature Area Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Richardson, Texas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Fun trails to explore! I usually took the Renner trail that went under 75 and connected to these trails, so parking was not an issue for me

Needs maps posted along Trail or better signage

Love the views. Saw an armadillo. Need maps.

This trail is a good alternative to a walk around the block. We walk here on days when local unpaved trails are muddy. Did see a bobcat on the trail, and occasionally see salamanders on the bridges. Parking can be a challenge in the lot at Renner and 75 due to the small number of spaces.

Literally just walked this trail. Pretty landscaping with paved pathways. Really like the 911 marker safety features and the amount of shade in the area. I came in from the Renner Rd, US 75 entryway and crossed the first bridge on the left I noticed that it was kind of junked out but besides that I came across a couple of people with dogs off leash which would be the only two negatives I can immediately think of. The overall experience was positive for myself and my husky and he was able to experience both paved and dirt/grass walking. Definitely worth going to!

This place is nice, opened and wide. More for walking rather than hiking. Also good place to go biking as well. Walk your dog.

Clean trail (except the usual debris near the water). Points for being mostly shaded and giving the nature feel in an urban area. Also.points for how easy it is to make the walk longer or shorter and the markers for calling 911 if needed. As far as nature trails go, this one was pretty boring. Got there very early in the morning. Didn't see or hear any birds. Only animal I saw was a snail. Not many interesting views. A good walk if you live nearby, but not worth traveling to.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Good place to go to feel alone in the middle of a city. A lot of trash but that is true of any trail in the wild these days.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

nice walk. pretty empty during weekday. clean sidewalks for dog walking on a muddy day.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Nice hike

Thursday, October 13, 2016

The trail is paved and the dirt trails are down the road from the main concrete pathway that run alongside the creek.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Paved trail but got lost because there are no markers. Made it out but could have easily meandered miles.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

It's a nice paved path that loops through the area. Got a little lost, but I made it out. Almost all trails are paved and are less hiking than strolling. But pretty and shaded.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

it was great, I loved the nature experience

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Relaxing!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

This was a great and enjoyable trail. Plan to do this one again.

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Rode with my Family today ..WOW this is an awesome Trail.. Coming Back Soon...

Monday, March 28, 2016

You can't ask for much more given its location.

Monday, March 07, 2016

Went on a little walk with my 3 yr old. Nice clean wide paved side walk. We didn't make it all the way around. The creek/river was nice we went down to the edge and skipped rocks-wish I would have brought a bag because there were bits of trash. There was construction going on near by so I would like to try it again someday and make it all the way around.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Good, clean area. Plenty of paved ares, as well as trails through the woods.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

It wasn't horrible but way too short. Wound up walking down along the creek bed because the trail ended. If you live in the area it's a nice spot for a leisure walk but it's not worth the drive if your looking for something adventurous.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

I've done the paved part of this trail a few times. It's nice.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Good: This is a great set of trails but with all the rain, sections of the trails had several inches of water on them. The trails are mostly shaded but it can get hot in the summer so bring some water with you. The trails are also clean and there are plenty of trash cans along the way.

If you are hiking these trails, make sure to watch out for the bikes. For the most part they they announce their presence and go around the walkers. Just make sure to move out of the way the trail is crowed.

Bad: The main trails are concrete but are not labeled. You might get lost if you aren't paying attention to where you have been.

We actually had to pull out our GPS to figure out how to get back to our car. There are also a ton of small natural surface paths that need to be explored.

I would have given this trail five stars but when the trails aren't marked, it can cause problems for some.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

As a beginner, this is a pretty easy and uncrowded trail. Glad to have this one in Richardson.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Short but nice. Good for a casual cruise on a bike or leisurely walk.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Awesome last minute trail pick for spur of the moment walk with daughter and dog. Clear, clean paths and nice wooded shade made for a great evening. This one will be a favorite. Traffic and train sounds did not bother us.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

This trail is nice in the summer because of all the shade. I parked at the Samsung nearby (on a weekend) and no one seemed to care. The trail wasn't super crowded but there were enough people that it seemed safe. I did see some trash along the creek but no more than I'm used to seeing near creeks by other trails.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The paved section is nice but don't miss the dirt trail at the end. It leads along the creek and is pretty clean with low traffic noise. Saw a hawk. I hear in spring and summer there is some poison ivy from the spring creek entrance east of Holford road. We heard you can enter from academy on garland and naaman forest blvd to avoid that section. Near the end is a field. Nice and quiet for a picnic in the winter.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Great hike, bike, run, or stroll nature area. smooth paved path makes it accessible to anyone. November the foliage is colorful. took my 4 legged hiking buddy and she loved treeing squirrels and jumping in clear creek. will go again in the Spring. Trailhead is at Central and Renner