Spring Creek Nature Area Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(267)
Richardson, Texas

Spring Creek Nature Area Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Richardson, Texas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 9 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

city walk

Richardson's Spring Creek Trail contains 4.5 miles of heavily-wooded, winding, looping trail. Although immediately located at the southeast corner of Central Expressway and Renner Road, one forgets how close they are to the freeway because of the trees and the impressive views of Spring Creek. The City's Renner Trail connects to this trail from the west, and a number of the City's eastern trails--Central and Owens--originate from it as well. In addition, a recently completed extension now carries the trail to the north where it intersects with Alma Drive and the George Bush Freeway. Paved parking is available at Central/Renner Road, and numerous park benches are also scattered along the trail.

Super easy walk, opportunity to go off trail. Went the following day after a storm and the nearby creek was trashed.

I really like this trail, but I can’t seem to stay on it :/

Well clearly I got off the path! There’s a lot twists and turns with no signs or labels, and this trail also intersects with another park and a neighborhood. Will attempt again! It’s a lot of pretty greenery and peaceful, I still enjoyed even though I was confused haha.

Great trail for walking or riding your bike. If you bring your dog make sure to bring poop bags as there were not any stations.

paved trail walk way. some off trail roads were muddy down to the river. good for jogging and dog walking

Since I was in Richardson today for a conference, I decided to check out Spring Creek Nature Area nearby after finishing up the sessions. It’s a pretty area and it feels like you aren’t really right next to Central Expressway. I do wish there were more natural trails though. Only one small 1/2 mile trail was natural. The rest is paved and winds through trees, moving around and over Spring Creek. I saw many families out and about, bikers, roller bladers, and lots of dog walkers. If you’re looking for peace in the city, it’s a great place to check out. If you’re looking for hiking trails, this isn’t the place. I’m glad I found it though, and now know where a great stop could be for a picnic or lazy afternoon.

Hit a few dead ends and wasn’t always sure where we were. Wish they had markers for trails and distances.

Great paved trails for walking and running either on your own or with others and your pets. There is a 0.5 mile off trail route available and side paths that lead to views of the riverbanks.

Great trail! It’s easy to navigate and there are so many options! You can walk a long or short distance and choose a paved or dirt trail. Very good for someone who hasn’t walked a lot of trails, like myself .

Very dog friendly, easy and pretty walk.

Concrete

This trail was a simple paved trail that has nice shade coverage. My dog really enjoyed it.

What an incredible hidden gem. We moved to Richardson 2 years ago and always saw the signs for the nature trail but thought it was just a small trail. Well, I was wrong, this is a very shaded, well maintained trail. It really makes you feel like you’re out of the city. Highly recommended!

It’s really beautiful when you are inside the nature preserve with all of the trees. It makes you feel like you were out of the city and in the woods. I love it and walk there frequently. It’s a great place to relax and exercise.

Nice ride with the wife. Starting at UTD

This is a fun trail

Very nice park. Very shaded.

Really peaceful and well maintained. Nice oasis in the city.

not really a hike but a stroll in a park

Love this trail! I live next door to it and I’ve gone many times. It’s moderately trafficked most days. Weekends is heavier. You can road bike on it because it’s paved. Lots of shade, there’s a stream cutting through it and it goes underneath 75 and Renner. I highly recommend this for any beginner to moderate biking or hiking enthusiast!!

Love how shaded this trail is. Great for morning walks/runs with pets! A big plus is that it’s also not crowded either especially during the weekdays.

Nice shaded paved walk which would also be good for running. They have added additional paths since the last time we were here that are almost complete.

Sun Apr 28 2019

Lots of shade, paved & I paved trails, creek access. Beautiful trail!

really nice

Mon Apr 22 2019

best trail ever!!so many different ways to go ..nice views my dogs loved it