Southeast Metropolitan Park Primitive Trail

Southeast Metropolitan Park Primitive Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Del Valle, Texas and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A little overgrown, but decent terrain changes. Wear pants.

It's a loop trail that I went through backwards. I'll say when the loop breaks (at the parking lot sign, go right. It's way more fun) the water and scenery was peaceful and appreciated being the only one on the trail. I would recommend.

not an out and back as others have mentioned, it's a loop. pretty, quiet, dog-friendly. the ground was super soft, i'll wear boots the next time we go. very nice afternoon hike!

great trail, nice scenery for sure. not ideal if bringing a baby in stroller but if you have a body sling carrier it's worth it for sure. lots to see, baby loved it as much as we did!

Southeast Metro is off the beaten path and therefore, you have a good chance of having it to yourself. It's very hilly but manageable and not as rocky as trails on Austin's west side. It is a shady woodland with two small lakes and a dry creek bed (or at least it was when I was there).

Nice get away from the city, saw only 2 people on the trail. Definitely a nice, easy-moderate 2.2mile loop, not in and out. A few benches by the water to stop and take in the sounds of nature. The air smelled like poop most of the trail (?) which didn't feel fresh. But this PNW girl is used to the smell of pine trees in the mountains.

Pretty scenic hike, nice length for a chill trail. Definitely watch out for a fallen tree in the path, but super nice that it was a secluded go about.

Was a nice hike with my dog! Very pretty. Not very challenging, but good to just get out into nature.

The primitive trail is more of a moderate hike than an easy one. If you have mobility issues, I would stick to the multi-use paved trail (2 mi) which is ADA compliant and great for bikes/skates/strollers. This map is showing 2.2 miles in/out, but it is indeed a loop. My GPS gave me 2.31 in a loop from parking lot and back around. The map at the trail head says it's a 2.2 mi loop with a .1 mi trail leading to the loop, so expect ~2.3mi with a lot of elevation change. Since we've had a bit of rain and flooding, the trail is a bit run down so watch out for fallen trees and roots sticking out! The bridges are all fun: they seem rickety, but totally stable. Over all, a fun hike with nice scenic spots and plenty of spots to sit, rest, and enjoy the view.

Loved this trail and so did my dog! Only passed one other person on the loop, which is my kind of hike. Looking forward to going back!.

This was a great trail. Lots of elevation changes, and not another person on the trail. Must be a good kept secret.

We visited this park in late April when a large variety of wild flowers were in bloom ... very pretty. We never saw any other people while on the trail. There were a couple of nice scenic views with downtown Austin in the background. The trail is very well maintained. You can do the entire loop in less than an hour.

Nice little loop. 2 nice ponds and look outs. Muddy after rain.