Smith Spring Trail

Smith Spring Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Carlsbad, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Hike to an oasis in the desert.

Trail starts by Frijole Ranch buildings. Nice views of the surrounding flatter areas. Trail covered in loose rock. I met a couple of Javelina on the trail. I went mid November, but would not have enjoyed this in warm weather as the trail is mostly non shaded.

Shorter hike with year round pond and stream another gem of the Guadalupes

good hike for senior citizens. seems to longer than 2.5 miles. enjoyable in cool weather.

Paired with Devils hall. Loved the spring.

Had a great time, planned a group hike, four adults, four kiddos they loved seeing the water definitely a great trip!

The spring at the top is shady and cool

Starts at Frijole Ranch, follows a canyon for a good while through desert terrain and just when you think you've had enough, you walk into the Spring area. It's a beautiful oasis in the middle of a harsh desert-mountain climate.

Beautiful and amazing in every way! Had the whole trail to myself and just myself and a deer at the Spring for probably over an hour! A must do for Guadalupe Mountains, in my opinion.

My time at Guadalupe Mountains National park was very limited, so I chose this trail instead of the Peak hike. Sadly, I probably would have been better just taking a pass. The trail just isn't that interesting and the views are kinda meh. I chalked it up as a chance to stretch my legs after a long car ride.

Great little day hike up to a natural spring at the top. We did the loop counter clockwise which was a little steeper right before the springs but we'll worth it. Great picknic area to have lunch at the springs before you head back down

Great, I'm a chub and I was able to complete it.

Great low maintenance hike with great views. Go in the morning or late afternoon and look for the resident Mule Deer and Javelina in the meadows in between the trail loop.

Great hike! Not too hard, well worth the hike.