Your session expired, please sign in again to continue.

Slaughter Creek Trail Loop is a 4.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Austin, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 209 feet Route Type: Loop

For more information: https://circlecranch.com/amenities/trails-parks/

I really like hiking the five miles loop but can no longer going weekends due to mountain bikers not following the rules and signs and yielding to hikers. was hit by two on the same day. during the week the biking traffic is much lighter but I'd say only a third (half of you're lucky) will yield to hikers.

Nice trail not too far away. Partially shaded. Lots of cyclists so be on the lookout if hiking or running. Some rocky areas but not too bad. Will definitely go back.

Liked the trail. It had signs as we walked around so we could know how far we were and that we were not getting lost.

Pay attention for bikers/hikers

This is a great multi-purpose trail that requires hikers take the trail counter-clockwise. This trail is mostly shaded. It’s unshaded parts usually feature green grass and yellow flowers. It’s extremely well-marked and easy to follow. Absolutely no off-trailing allowed.

This could be a really nice trail if weren't for the mountain bikers. Signs say bikers yield to hikers and horses. We saw at a minimum 30 bikers and only one moved over to allow us to pass. Lots of blind curves with bikes coming around too fast. As for the trail, its well maintained, lots of shade and looped. Bikers go in one direction and hikers/horsed the other. Enjoy the trail but be careful.

Nice trails with some scenery. I'm jus6 getting back to being active after an illness. We didn't the shorter walk of 3 miles. I would definitely return.

Excellent trail. Some rocky sections provide challenge. It was hot and sunny without much shade. We will definitely return. Lots of fun.

Really nice hiking or cross country running trail. We are lucky in the Dripping Springs and Southwest Austin area as we have some great places to hike and bike such as this trail. Rugged in several spots with a lot of loose rocks. Be careful especially if senior citizen like me. Big Loop is 5 miles. Good view of City Skyline on the backside of the trail - 3 miles in. One thing....I totally agree with a.r. comments about mountain bikers. Incredibly rude and they set a terrible example for many of the young bikers on the trail. Good thing they come from opposite direction as only a few even attempted to yield to hikers. Other than that this trail is excellent for training for bigger hikes say at Big Bend NP. Take water if hiking on our hot days! By the way, training on this would be better than training at Barton Creek GB in my opinion. But to work on elevation climbs go to the Hill of Life on Scottish Woods Trail on the BC Greenbelt.

I love this trail but the mountain bikers on it are awful. They don’t heed any of the trail etiquette put in place for safety. Mountain bikers are supposed to yield to everyone on this trail yet every time I’m on it I have to jump out of the way multiple times No one stops or slows down and some practically play chicken with you. In 5 years I’ve had ONE mountain biker using proper safety and warnings and he was very obviously a pro. PS. No one was practicing social distancing or wearing masks of any kind and if it gets any sort of rain they close this place down.

Not dog friendly

This side of the trail is more of a foot/bike path and not as busy as the trail that runs around the soccer fields. I love this one as there are so many different off shoots.

We love this trail and have hiked it 5 times in about a one year stretch. Used it today and unfortunately almost fell a few times due to a lot of bike traffic. I am 66 and have several knee replacements which work very well. My legs became wobbly during the last half and began to have more problems handling the bike traffic. Maybe Saturday is not the best day to use this trail for old folks like me.

This place is ok. Would not come back again. I only did 2.1 miles even though this place is over 4 miles hike.

I enjoyed this hike. Saw deer along the way, learned from the info signs, and captured pretty sunset pictures. I stepped off the path several times for the bikers, it's a good idea to have hikers go one way and bikers the other as I had warning/time in most cases.

Great for hiking, but NOT an “easy” mountain bike trail. ESP for littles around 10 yrs. Lots of rocky stretches and quite a few 1-3ft drop offs. My guys made it thru with the exception of a couple of jumps, but they are advanced bike riders. I, on the other hand, fell and had to walk my bike most of the way.

This is a change of pace for the area, because you get rocks, some elevation, and some windy paths.

Relatively flat and rocky. Not much shade. A nice little bit of nature on the edge of Austin. Lots of mountain bikers today taking advantage of the sunny weekend day in the mid 60s.

typical Texas trail. hot, cedar trees, dusty. all in all not a bad loop. pretty easy to knock out and suitable for all ages.

Easy to miss driveway to trailhead. It is Immediately- and I mean IMMEDIATELY- after/before the small, flat bridge. Trail was good. Shade, single track, dirt, and lots of grass and flowers mostly towards east end of trail. West end is mostly wider trails with some rock steps and bumps, and lost of open land. Very well marked, the signs are very good. Saw about five mt bikers, and only two others on foot. Be prepared to work up a swear from lack of shade. Plenty of good views of the lay-of-the-land, and wild flowers. I gave it four instead of five stars, because there’re no water crossings. Those are fun, but mother nature decided not here.

Narrow trail through tall grass had me nervous for rattlesnakes through most of our hike. Add the mountain bikers regularly coming through and it was not relaxing at all.

Fri Apr 12 2019

Nice trail. Mountain biking is pretty technical in some places. Not too crowded.

Sat Mar 30 2019

nice trail but be aware too share this with many bikers