Sculpture Falls Hike at Barton Creek

Sculpture Falls Hike at Barton Creek is a 5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

What a beautiful hike! Go early if you prefer a less populated trail, though. We set out around 11 am on Monday and it wasn't too bus then, but when we finished (just before 2pm) there were lots more people around-- too crowded for my taste. Great area for dogs (mostly off-leash, which was fine). And lots of nice areas to sit and enjoy the water. We did the whole hike, but the last 1/2 mile which ended at Camp Craft Rd, was an open, rocky uphill path-- not nearly as nice as the path along the water. We're visiting from out of town, but if I lived here I'd be a regular visitor to this trail!

Very pretty, easy walk with some nice places to dip into the water. Nice little getaway near the city; be prepared for people around and an occasional mountain biker (I can't figure out why they bike with so many people on the trail) and dogs.

We did see a decent sized water moccasin near where some people were swimming (and warned them).

loved it

Great place to hike, swim, bring dogs. I saw some snakes too, Be careful. I love the waterfalls, it's worth the full hike to the end!

Nice little hike.

Nice little hike beside the river

Average trail - views were nice, but not anything spectacular. The terrain was mostly flat, but lots of rocks/tree roots to watch out for so you didn't trip. Was the perfect low-key "hike" for New Years Day.