Sansom Red Trail

Sansom Red Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

54 minutes ago

Lots of broken glass! Not a big deal if you aren't bringing dogs. Lots of trash too.

The trail was so rocky and steep. I didn't care for all of the trash laying around. Definitely wouldn't go to this trail alone. The only attraction is the tiny waterfall.

Love it!

I was hiking with trekking poles with a girlfriend that had no poles. (I'm 62 & female) it was dawn on a Sunday morning in August. I loved it! so rocky and down down down down, until we were tired...then it was up up up up up up to get back! :) this trail is for bicyclers. I'm sure it's awesome for them, but hiking is fun on it too. so we would listen for a bike coming and we'd step off the path. we did that maybe 3 times. we talked to a trail runner also. very shaded. I learned I'm gonna get knee pads so I would have more confidence to go fast. fast it fun on these trails!

I give it 2 stars because the trash is out of hand. If it was clean I would have given 5 stars. The trails are very shaded and great. But it's just way to trashy very sad.

Fairly steep, unmarked trails with a few small.waterfalls, nice water birds, marsh and lake views. You'll.use the sound of water to.find your way down and sunlight to.find your way up. I got there at 7 am and did 1.7 miles of trail.wandering without seeing anyone. Saw a lot more people at 8:45 am when.I was returning. Such a shame how much trash there was in some places but I still think it was worth it. Bring a bandana to wipe the cobwebs off your face.

Don't waste your time walking this unmarked trail to an eventual wasteland of washed up garbage, littered banks. Very disappointed and hope this area will be policed soon.