Sansom Red Trail

Sansom Red Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lots of broken glass! Not a big deal if you aren't bringing dogs. Lots of trash too.

The trail was so rocky and steep. I didn't care for all of the trash laying around. Definitely wouldn't go to this trail alone. The only attraction is the tiny waterfall.

Love it!

I was hiking with trekking poles with a girlfriend that had no poles. (I'm 62 & female) it was dawn on a Sunday morning in August. I loved it! so rocky and down down down down, until we were tired...then it was up up up up up up to get back! :) this trail is for bicyclers. I'm sure it's awesome for them, but hiking is fun on it too. so we would listen for a bike coming and we'd step off the path. we did that maybe 3 times. we talked to a trail runner also. very shaded. I learned I'm gonna get knee pads so I would have more confidence to go fast. fast it fun on these trails!

I give it 2 stars because the trash is out of hand. If it was clean I would have given 5 stars. The trails are very shaded and great. But it's just way to trashy very sad.

Fairly steep, unmarked trails with a few small.waterfalls, nice water birds, marsh and lake views. You'll.use the sound of water to.find your way down and sunlight to.find your way up. I got there at 7 am and did 1.7 miles of trail.wandering without seeing anyone. Saw a lot more people at 8:45 am when.I was returning. Such a shame how much trash there was in some places but I still think it was worth it. Bring a bandana to wipe the cobwebs off your face.

Don't waste your time walking this unmarked trail to an eventual wasteland of washed up garbage, littered banks. Very disappointed and hope this area will be policed soon.

Me and my two boys(3&5) had a great time it's beautiful they did have a slightly difficult time but they again are 3&5

Short trail but you'll get a good work out with all the incline.

fun but confusing as to where to go.

It is my favorite place so far. You are rewarded with beautiful breathtaking views!

It was a good outing but not a decent hike. It was more for mountain biking than it was for hiking. Very narrow trails and rocky with lots of littered broken bottles.

I loved this trail

Great trail. There's a few places where you can hop off the path and sort of explore. Which is our favorite part. Only negative is that at the start, there are tons of broken glass and trash. I personally would not do the trail alone because it can be sort of sketchy.

Awesome trails, great view of the lake, really cool waterfalls. We had a great time.

Love the hike so far but where the hell is the water fall lmfao.

This trail is a little confusing. Trail needs to be marked better. People need to start picking up after themselves. Nice water falls, I will be visiting this trail again to see if I can get a better experience.

Was a great view and great spot to hike with your dog!

Took the kids here for an "adventure" and everyone had a great time. I was paranoid about glass the entire time (kids were pre-schoolers) and that's the only reason it didn't get a 5. The 4 isn't a judgement against the trails (I plan on going back even with the still-young kids) it's just a word of caution.

EDIT: came back with kids. Not nearly as much glass this time and they really enjoy this place (so do I) so I have to change to a 5. This place makes me want to get a mountain bike.

Friday, October 28, 2016

It's a nice trail for a walk definitely walk opposite direction of the bikers. I took my husky and he enjoyed the little drops where he could jump of the rocks. It is kinda dirty though. I went around one and it wasn't busy it started getting busy as I was leaving around 4 on a Thursday.