Sansom Red Trail

Sansom Red Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Went with my husband. First thing we noticed was all the broken glass everywhere. It was ridiculous. Then the garbage all over, and I usually stop and pick the trash up but there was too much on this trail. There was 1 trash can that we came across along the trail. It’s unmarked as well. We passed 2 groups of people who were trying to get down to the water. We lived in CO for 7 years and hiked numerous trails within the springs and have never seen as much garbage and broken glass. We call it Hep C falls now. It was disappointing. My husband and I agreed, if the city took any time at all clearing some of the paths, marking some trails, and cleaning up this place it could be great.

Would be a favorite trail if it wasn’t for the trash and glass. I wish they could clean it up. :(

Love it

Been hiking this with the dog for a couple of months now. Great trail. There are bikers so keep an eye out. They are good about watching for you too and share the trails well.

Only wish was more folks would clean up after themselves.

Lots of broken glass! Not a big deal if you aren't bringing dogs. Lots of trash too.

The trail was so rocky and steep. I didn't care for all of the trash laying around. Definitely wouldn't go to this trail alone. The only attraction is the tiny waterfall.

Love it!

I was hiking with trekking poles with a girlfriend that had no poles. (I'm 62 & female) it was dawn on a Sunday morning in August. I loved it! so rocky and down down down down, until we were tired...then it was up up up up up up to get back! :) this trail is for bicyclers. I'm sure it's awesome for them, but hiking is fun on it too. so we would listen for a bike coming and we'd step off the path. we did that maybe 3 times. we talked to a trail runner also. very shaded. I learned I'm gonna get knee pads so I would have more confidence to go fast. fast it fun on these trails!

I give it 2 stars because the trash is out of hand. If it was clean I would have given 5 stars. The trails are very shaded and great. But it's just way to trashy very sad.

Fairly steep, unmarked trails with a few small.waterfalls, nice water birds, marsh and lake views. You'll.use the sound of water to.find your way down and sunlight to.find your way up. I got there at 7 am and did 1.7 miles of trail.wandering without seeing anyone. Saw a lot more people at 8:45 am when.I was returning. Such a shame how much trash there was in some places but I still think it was worth it. Bring a bandana to wipe the cobwebs off your face.

Don't waste your time walking this unmarked trail to an eventual wasteland of washed up garbage, littered banks. Very disappointed and hope this area will be policed soon.

Me and my two boys(3&5) had a great time it's beautiful they did have a slightly difficult time but they again are 3&5

Short trail but you'll get a good work out with all the incline.

fun but confusing as to where to go.

It is my favorite place so far. You are rewarded with beautiful breathtaking views!

It was a good outing but not a decent hike. It was more for mountain biking than it was for hiking. Very narrow trails and rocky with lots of littered broken bottles.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I loved this trail

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Great trail. There's a few places where you can hop off the path and sort of explore. Which is our favorite part. Only negative is that at the start, there are tons of broken glass and trash. I personally would not do the trail alone because it can be sort of sketchy.

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Awesome trails, great view of the lake, really cool waterfalls. We had a great time.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Love the hike so far but where the hell is the water fall lmfao.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

This trail is a little confusing. Trail needs to be marked better. People need to start picking up after themselves. Nice water falls, I will be visiting this trail again to see if I can get a better experience.

Friday, December 30, 2016

Was a great view and great spot to hike with your dog!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Took the kids here for an "adventure" and everyone had a great time. I was paranoid about glass the entire time (kids were pre-schoolers) and that's the only reason it didn't get a 5. The 4 isn't a judgement against the trails (I plan on going back even with the still-young kids) it's just a word of caution.

EDIT: came back with kids. Not nearly as much glass this time and they really enjoy this place (so do I) so I have to change to a 5. This place makes me want to get a mountain bike.

Friday, October 28, 2016

It's a nice trail for a walk definitely walk opposite direction of the bikers. I took my husky and he enjoyed the little drops where he could jump of the rocks. It is kinda dirty though. I went around one and it wasn't busy it started getting busy as I was leaving around 4 on a Thursday.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

I love it. be better when I get the routes down

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Beautiful scenery and great place to bring the kids!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

I loved this trail!! There's so much to see and tons of side trails to investigate. Also has some amazing inclines that are perfect for training my body for more intense trails in the future.

Friday, June 17, 2016

An extremely nice trail with many forking paths. Even more amazing is how close these trails are to the city. Some areas are easy and flat, while some contain some scrambling or steep uphill climbs. There is something here for every fitness level.

Sunday, June 12, 2016

a little disappointed the trail was heavily littered with broken glass as I brought my dog. I checked his paws when we left and luckily he hadn't stepped on any glass.

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Great place to get outside, trail is pretty narrow and was very saturated by the recent rain, there is very little to no signage but great views either way.