Sansom Red Trail

Sansom Red Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 187 feet Route Type: Loop

love the options on the trail. hard to follow a set path, so many branches but allows you to take your own adventure. some steep rocky slopes if you want or flat dirt.

We went because we were in Fort Worth early for a dinner. I was not expecting it to be so steep! We didn’t see much litter at all, there was a trashcan that was full. The trails are really rocky and some are really steep! My husband fell several times. I liked it, I would go back. Great views!

The closer you are to the start there is a lot of trash and broken glass but once u get away from the parking lot it’s actually pretty cool trails for being right in the middle of a major city. My dog and I had a great time at the falls. Will go again.

the trail isn't mark!

I hike this on a regular basis. When it’s previously rained I wouldn’t advise this specific trail to the dam. But, there are several trails winding through this area and you can still get a decent hike/bike in. There are several areas that have steep slopes and muddy bottoms. Watch out for large spiders/webs.

sometimes coming out here is kindof nice. sometimes it's not very worth it.

nice little path...stinky

Went to this trail today being hopeful. This trail is easily located inner city which is super cool. It’s also shady through most of it. However, lots of trash ( mostly broken beer bottles and clothing articles) and a horrendous smell. Wouldn’t go without a buddy.

Litter everywhere, broken glass, and human waste. Gross.

Not marked at all, only knew where to go because of this app. Rocky, muddy and we had to finally go off path and walk back on the road to get back to our car. Not a relaxing walk.

very humid

Watch for bikes on red trail. Several jump locations.

great trail

It’s a nice trail with some elevation but with poor marks And some garbage ! It has creeks , waterfalls from the dam as well.

This trail has terrible markers, I had to use the app the whole entire hike. There was trash, and broken glass everywhere!! After you turn on the east side of the trail it becomes a dirt road? It looks like they’re working on making it into a road but are at the very beginning stages. This trail is NOT WORTH IT.

Extremely lacking in trail markers. So, so, so much trash and broken glass. Like another reviewer said, if the city just paid a little attention to this park, it could be a gem. If you have dogs, I wouldn't bring them on this trail due to the glass. Ditto for little kids that tend to run and fall. We hiked on a day after a hard rain, and it was super muddy (not the trail's fault, but be prepared if you go after a rain).

Beautiful and enjoyable hikes (easy to difficult hikes available) but recently, it’s become trashed especially near the waterfalls.

Really enjoyed this hike. It does not take you down to the waterfall but you can still see it. The other thing is that the upper level of Thunder Road has been completely bulldozed. I went along in the mud and climbed over fallen trees and met back up with the trail near the end. There was only one part with a ton of trash and next time I hike here, I’ll bring a garbage bag.

Once we got past the entry a little ways it was better but there was SO. MUCH. Glass. It was freaking ridiculous

Beautiful, but a lot of trash :-(

I loved it!

Sat Nov 03 2018

Nice trail. Some trash. But not too bad Very wet today Nice and rocky along w varied trail

Tue Jul 17 2018

There was so much trash. Very sad

Sun Jul 01 2018