Sansom Red Trail

Sansom Red Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Lots of broken glass! Not a big deal if you aren't bringing dogs. Lots of trash too.

The trail was so rocky and steep. I didn't care for all of the trash laying around. Definitely wouldn't go to this trail alone. The only attraction is the tiny waterfall.

Love it!

I was hiking with trekking poles with a girlfriend that had no poles. (I'm 62 & female) it was dawn on a Sunday morning in August. I loved it! so rocky and down down down down, until we were tired...then it was up up up up up up to get back! :) this trail is for bicyclers. I'm sure it's awesome for them, but hiking is fun on it too. so we would listen for a bike coming and we'd step off the path. we did that maybe 3 times. we talked to a trail runner also. very shaded. I learned I'm gonna get knee pads so I would have more confidence to go fast. fast it fun on these trails!