Sansom Blue Trail

Sansom Blue Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail itself was ok. But the park as a whole was so dirty.

The trail was so rocky and steep. I didn't care for all of the trash laying around. Definitely wouldn't go to this trail alone. The only attraction is the tiny waterfall.

The trail is pretty treacherous for young children. Do bring plenty of water; however, it is sad how people throw their trash everywhere. It is cool seeing the alligator gar jumping above the surface to catch bugs by the waterfalls.

It's really hard to know where you're going, and unless you're okay with exploring and being a little lost, it could get a bit sketchy. I really enjoyed the waterfalls but this park needs to be cleaned up. There is a lot of trash and some of it makes the river look and smell bad. Other than that, I love the inclines on this trail. There are some parts where you have to climb, and that's pretty cool. However, I'm not entirely sure this is the trail I was on, or if it was one of the trails that branch off of it. Regardless, I had a great time at this park.

All the trails are poorly marked, if at all. You never know how far you will end up going. Park isn't maintained well and there was trash everywhere. However, the trails were challenging. Mix between loose rocks and packed dirt. Several steep inclines.

Lots of incline!

Says kid friendly but I do not recommend taking kids under 4. And I certainly do not suggest going here if you have to push a stroller through the trails, even if it is an all terrain stroller. I have an all terrain stroller, and while that made it slightly easier on me than my friend that went with me with her umbrella stroller, it was still extremely difficult due to all the steep paths with lots of large rocks and tree roots we had to climb over. I love taking my kids on trails and they always enjoy it, but this is not one I will be taking my 2 younger ones on. My 8 year old loved it though so I hope to take her back one day without my younger 2. Also, once we got to the waterfall area, there is a lot of trash, literally large trash bags full just laying there and lots of trash spread out through the entire trail. Very unfortunate since it's such beautiful scenery. I wish everyone would take their own bags for trash and make sure to bring it back with you to throw away in the trash cans provided at the picnic area and in the parking lot.

Has a lot of trash laying around at the start. Once you start to get deeper it gets better. Good amount of shade from the sun. Make sure to move over for the bikers. Water was cool to see for the kids.