Sansom Blue Trail

Sansom Blue Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Says kid friendly but I do not recommend taking kids under 4. And I certainly do not suggest going here if you have to push a stroller through the trails, even if it is an all terrain stroller. I have an all terrain stroller, and while that made it slightly easier on me than my friend that went with me with her umbrella stroller, it was still extremely difficult due to all the steep paths with lots of large rocks and tree roots we had to climb over. I love taking my kids on trails and they always enjoy it, but this is not one I will be taking my 2 younger ones on. My 8 year old loved it though so I hope to take her back one day without my younger 2. Also, once we got to the waterfall area, there is a lot of trash, literally large trash bags full just laying there and lots of trash spread out through the entire trail. Very unfortunate since it's such beautiful scenery. I wish everyone would take their own bags for trash and make sure to bring it back with you to throw away in the trash cans provided at the picnic area and in the parking lot.

Has a lot of trash laying around at the start. Once you start to get deeper it gets better. Good amount of shade from the sun. Make sure to move over for the bikers. Water was cool to see for the kids.

Great location. Some very beautiful scenery. Mostly very friendly people. I'm giving it three stars for the following.
1) Poorly marked trails.
2) There are non-hikers/m.bikers on the trail late in the afternoon that are sketchy. Don't go by yourself in the afternoon. Another hiker told me not to be out there late evening on the weekend because people are out on the trails or by the falls getting drunk.
3) Not very clean. There are bottles, glass and plastic, littering some of the trails. If you have a bike, or a dog, watch out for broken glass and shredded cans.
4) People are supposed to have their dogs on leashes, the two days we went there were people walking their dogs off leash.

Otherwise, during the day, it's pretty great, and my family will continue to hike this area.

Loved this Trail. I agree with others it's very poorly marked but it was great. My kids loved it.

Variety of trails/pathways. They aren't marked but it's a good place to hike around casually and take in the space

Nice trail. Trails are poorly marked, so I wandered for a while. It was beautiful.

loved it. one of the best trails I have been on yet!

it was a pretty hike! not too much traffic, but you could still tell there were others on the trail. I went after we had a lot of rain so it was pretty heavily flooded over where the falls were. There was the perfect amount of incline/climbing that I like to do when I hike, and there are so many different trail options that it keeps it interesting (take note that the trails are not marked) I still really enjoyed it and will definitely be back!

Best of the Sans trails if you want to get down to the waterfalls and not break your leg doing it. That said, this trail involved a lot more tree cover than the other Sansom trail and was quite a bit easier with less "breathtaking views". Once at the waterfalls though, it's all worth it. Great family hike place, challenging enough to be a workout, but moderate enough for your toddler to need only the occasional piggy-back! Great Tarrant County trail!!

I love this place!, I walk in this park for to many years ago.