Sansom Blue Trail

Sansom Blue Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Worth, Texas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail itself was ok. But the park as a whole was so dirty.

The trail was so rocky and steep. I didn't care for all of the trash laying around. Definitely wouldn't go to this trail alone. The only attraction is the tiny waterfall.

The trail is pretty treacherous for young children. Do bring plenty of water; however, it is sad how people throw their trash everywhere. It is cool seeing the alligator gar jumping above the surface to catch bugs by the waterfalls.

It's really hard to know where you're going, and unless you're okay with exploring and being a little lost, it could get a bit sketchy. I really enjoyed the waterfalls but this park needs to be cleaned up. There is a lot of trash and some of it makes the river look and smell bad. Other than that, I love the inclines on this trail. There are some parts where you have to climb, and that's pretty cool. However, I'm not entirely sure this is the trail I was on, or if it was one of the trails that branch off of it. Regardless, I had a great time at this park.

All the trails are poorly marked, if at all. You never know how far you will end up going. Park isn't maintained well and there was trash everywhere. However, the trails were challenging. Mix between loose rocks and packed dirt. Several steep inclines.

Lots of incline!

Says kid friendly but I do not recommend taking kids under 4. And I certainly do not suggest going here if you have to push a stroller through the trails, even if it is an all terrain stroller. I have an all terrain stroller, and while that made it slightly easier on me than my friend that went with me with her umbrella stroller, it was still extremely difficult due to all the steep paths with lots of large rocks and tree roots we had to climb over. I love taking my kids on trails and they always enjoy it, but this is not one I will be taking my 2 younger ones on. My 8 year old loved it though so I hope to take her back one day without my younger 2. Also, once we got to the waterfall area, there is a lot of trash, literally large trash bags full just laying there and lots of trash spread out through the entire trail. Very unfortunate since it's such beautiful scenery. I wish everyone would take their own bags for trash and make sure to bring it back with you to throw away in the trash cans provided at the picnic area and in the parking lot.

Has a lot of trash laying around at the start. Once you start to get deeper it gets better. Good amount of shade from the sun. Make sure to move over for the bikers. Water was cool to see for the kids.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Great location. Some very beautiful scenery. Mostly very friendly people. I'm giving it three stars for the following.
1) Poorly marked trails.
2) There are non-hikers/m.bikers on the trail late in the afternoon that are sketchy. Don't go by yourself in the afternoon. Another hiker told me not to be out there late evening on the weekend because people are out on the trails or by the falls getting drunk.
3) Not very clean. There are bottles, glass and plastic, littering some of the trails. If you have a bike, or a dog, watch out for broken glass and shredded cans.
4) People are supposed to have their dogs on leashes, the two days we went there were people walking their dogs off leash.

Otherwise, during the day, it's pretty great, and my family will continue to hike this area.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Loved this Trail. I agree with others it's very poorly marked but it was great. My kids loved it.

Friday, September 16, 2016

Variety of trails/pathways. They aren't marked but it's a good place to hike around casually and take in the space

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Nice trail. Trails are poorly marked, so I wandered for a while. It was beautiful.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

loved it. one of the best trails I have been on yet!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

it was a pretty hike! not too much traffic, but you could still tell there were others on the trail. I went after we had a lot of rain so it was pretty heavily flooded over where the falls were. There was the perfect amount of incline/climbing that I like to do when I hike, and there are so many different trail options that it keeps it interesting (take note that the trails are not marked) I still really enjoyed it and will definitely be back!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Best of the Sans trails if you want to get down to the waterfalls and not break your leg doing it. That said, this trail involved a lot more tree cover than the other Sansom trail and was quite a bit easier with less "breathtaking views". Once at the waterfalls though, it's all worth it. Great family hike place, challenging enough to be a workout, but moderate enough for your toddler to need only the occasional piggy-back! Great Tarrant County trail!!

Sunday, April 17, 2016

I love this place!, I walk in this park for to many years ago.

Monday, March 14, 2016

I would not recommend it, got my truck window broken and they stole my girlfriends purse

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Great tough mountain bike trails. Rocky short steep climbs with fast dropping descents.

Friday, February 05, 2016

Pretty rocky, decent amount of trash. But good workout as some good little climbs. Pretty views.

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Hiked Thunder Trail. Top portion very rocky. Bottom portion less rocky. Lower portion has nice views.. give it a score of 3 out of 5.