Rowlett Creek Nature Preserve Trails

Rowlett Creek Nature Preserve Trails is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Garland, Texas that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 9 feet Route Type: Loop

One of our favorite local hikes, but it has become trash-filled recently.

Not a good walking trail in flip flops

My favorite place in the area for a short run. I usually do the loop that you walk in from toward the back of the parking lot - think it’s about 1.7 miles total. Well-maintained and definitely makes me feel like I’m not in DFW!

Nice mostly-wooded loop. DORBA keeps the trail well-maintained.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

To all you hikers that keep complaining, take a minute to think who maintains the trail.. (DORBA). (YES, IT COSTS BOTH MONEY TO BUY TOOLS AND LOTS OF VOLUNTEER HOURS TO KEEP THE TRAILS TIDY) Then take another minute to figure out what does that mean. Hikers are more than welcome. but please no matter the park you go to. always stop at the trailhead and READ THE RULES!!! most trails will ask hikers to go in the oposite direction so you can spot bikers from a distance and move aside. thank you all for understanding. have a great day!!

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Great place to ride

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Awesome I didn’t even want to leave! I really cannot wait to come again!

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Did the North Loop first so in comparison this was really boring. It’s a nice trail for a walk very even and maintained, but not challenging or extraordinary.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Great time with the wife and kiddos!

Sunday, February 18, 2018

We had an awesome time exploring this trail. There were a lot of bikers but still good for hikers too. Lots of pretty scenery and some interesting obstacles to maneuver. It’s not the most child friendly trail, but we managed!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Loop 1 great for running. Mostly bikers through here.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

One of my favorite mountain biking trails that offers a good mix for hiking as well. The south side has very little elevation change while the north side offers more elevation change. Don't forget your bug spray, some areas are heavily infested with mosquitos.

Friday, July 07, 2017

I followed the directions from this app to get here and it led me no where so I got upset. I looked it up on google and it was about 11 minutes away from where this app led me. Once you get there it is a great running place not to hard. Wouldn't go alone if you get scared easy but had some nice views!

Monday, May 22, 2017

Approximately 13 miles of trail, can be a little confusing at first if you aren't sure of the loop system. Trail was overgrown in some areas. Pretty decent trail for being in the city. Practically no elevation change.

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Great trail with different loops and level of difficulties.

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easy going trail!

Monday, April 03, 2017

Great trail for mountain biking

Thursday, March 23, 2017

This was a great trail with my kids!

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Just moved here from SoCal and boy, have I realized I was spoiled. But, I found this little trail close to my new home in Garland and checked it out. Rowlett Park, I gotta say, I wasn't expecting much, but I had a lot of fun. There's a lot more territory to cover, than maps and guides lead you to believe. It was a beautiful day to be outdoors, much less on a mountain bike. This will be a regular ‘go-to’ spot, for sure.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

this trail sucked. It is no longer accessible from Rowlett Rd. You can access a short 1.3 mile trail from Miller road. The rest of the trail is non existent. Very disappointing.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

great trail. the kids had a great time. I'll definitely be going back.. the trails were a small bit confusing. so pay attention!

Wednesday, August 03, 2016

mostly shaded, and a relaxing walk. plenty of bikers. Great for kids. There a creek to play in, and little snail shells the kids can find and collect.

Monday, July 11, 2016

One of my favorite places to go in the Dallas area. It's small, but it's quite great.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Decently fast trail with a few technical parts. Trail is separated into 16 loop sections, you can choose to do one or all. All-in-all a fun ride with plenty of shade, just beware the poison ivy.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The trail was okay but looking for something a little but more challenging.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Lots of mosquitos

Monday, May 02, 2016

It was great! Took my 3,4, & 12 year old on their first hike...including the

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Very nice trail. Beautiful, trees were huge for this area. Will definitely go back.

Saturday, January 09, 2016