Rocky Point Trail

Rocky Point Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Flower Mound, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.8 miles Elevation Gain: 196 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

bridge out

Take Cross Timbers Road from I-35 E or Lewisville. Turn south onto High Road (there is a light at this intersection) and continue .5 miles to a small parking area on the left (east) side of the road. If you make it to Sunnyview Lane you have gone to far. There is no signage, but the parking lot is pretty obvious.

Could not access, in residential area per google maps, took me to private neighborhood, so I went further down the street and that didn’t work either.

Nice place to get away from the suburban neighborhoods! It’s kind of a free for all on picking a path. The problem is not lack of trails but too many choices to get on your desired route. I wasn’t too worried about a particular route but didn’t make it to the full loop today. A couple of nice views and don’t miss the details and small items of interest along which ever direction you pick to walk.

Really enjoyed the portions of the trail along the creeks. Down by the lake is normal lake area. Some areas hard to find trail.

If you like trails with no bikes and no people close to home with a cool creek bed this is the trail for you. Yes the trail forks many times, but it all ends up at the same place. Kind of like a choose your own adventure!

Very good trail. Very nature...

Trail is not visible about 0.25 miles in. Not maintained. Wear pants and hiking boots if you decide to try it. You will be hiking through brush.

This is a great trail. It takes a little snooping which I like. Not heavily traveled so quite a few spider webs.

Dried out from a few weeks ago. Decent shape. Spring has it a little overgrown, no big deal. Second time on this trail. We will be back.

Family hike with a 3 and 6 year old. Challenging for them but super fun. Decent condition even with recent rains.

Tue Dec 12 2017

My 4 stars are another woman’s 5 star. I like this unique trail. I suspect that anyone who doesn’t give it at least 3 stars either wants to keep this place a secret or wants something paved

Sat Nov 25 2017

Nice hiking course!!!

Sat Oct 21 2017

I loved that this trail is a bit overgrown... it really feels natural and lovely. My three kids adored it too. This is the first trail I’ve hiked in Texas that I’ve truly enjoyed.

Tue Sep 05 2017

My 11 year son and I went. The trailhead is basically non-existent and you have to walk between a patch of land at the back of houses. It then opens up a bit but the serpentine trails are not exactly well marked and close together so you end up on one side and another. Getting down to the lake is nice with good views. Got a bit lost on the way back but found our way out. It could use a bit of TLC with more markers and cleared out trails.