Rocky Point Trail

Rocky Point Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Flower Mound, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

bridge out

Take Cross Timbers Road from I-35 E or Lewisville. Turn south onto High Road (there is a light at this intersection) and continue .5 miles to a small parking area on the left (east) side of the road. If you make it to Sunnyview Lane you have gone to far. There is no signage, but the parking lot is pretty obvious.

It's completely overgrown and poorly marked. Bring a machete if you want to give it a shot.

Another weird trail that runs along people's property lines. Seems like there is just no place around here to walk without seeing houses.

Friday, June 10, 2016

sucked

Saturday, May 14, 2016

This trail has the potential to be fantastic but I was very disappointed at the lack of trail markers and then the eventual lack of a trail. There were multiple occasions where I had to use both the previously mapped hikes on this app and my own GPS to figure out where I was supposed to be and eventually even that failed me as I trekked through completely unmarked and very dense vegetation to get back to a known good spot. I only ended up getting about a mile and a half worth of hiking from this trail today (14May2016).

Sunday, March 27, 2016

trail is still muddy near the stream (3/27/16) everything is lush and green.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Trail sucked not well marked and unsure of actual trail whereabouts

Sunday, February 21, 2016

We just did this trail for the 3rd time today. We ended up getting so lost because markers ran out and didn't see the lake until we somehow ended up by camp David. It was crazy coming back but we made it. Still super fun!

Sunday, February 07, 2016

The trail is really cool. However it's still really flooded, so you can only complete 1/3 of the trail.

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Was a nice trail, but dead ended halfway to lake due to high water. We came back the way we came and then detoured down some horse trails that weaved us in between some homes.

Good way to spend a Sunday, just wish we could have gotten the full hike.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I hiked the trail on Friday and yes the trail does end when you get to the creek. I did go to the left and found a simple way across and was able to pick up the trail to continue on. I ended up running into water later on but was able to hike around 4 miles or so.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Only made it about 1 mile in- Denton Creek is too full from all the recent rain.

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Great for where it is, some decent diversity of terrain. much is flooded as of late Dec 2015 so muddy is places and in several areas the trail is completely submerged. not well marked but plenty of trail to find. Worth the scramble for adults but not with kids IMO.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Not clearly marked, muddy and unmaintained.
NOT WORTH THE TIME OR DRIVE