Rocky Point Trail

Rocky Point Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Flower Mound, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

bridge out

Take Cross Timbers Road from I-35 E or Lewisville. Turn south onto High Road (there is a light at this intersection) and continue .5 miles to a small parking area on the left (east) side of the road. If you make it to Sunnyview Lane you have gone to far. There is no signage, but the parking lot is pretty obvious.

My 4 stars are another woman’s 5 star. I like this unique trail. I suspect that anyone who doesn’t give it at least 3 stars either wants to keep this place a secret or wants something paved

Nice hiking course!!!

I loved that this trail is a bit overgrown... it really feels natural and lovely. My three kids adored it too. This is the first trail I’ve hiked in Texas that I’ve truly enjoyed.

My 11 year son and I went. The trailhead is basically non-existent and you have to walk between a patch of land at the back of houses. It then opens up a bit but the serpentine trails are not exactly well marked and close together so you end up on one side and another. Getting down to the lake is nice with good views. Got a bit lost on the way back but found our way out. It could use a bit of TLC with more markers and cleared out trails.

Definitely overgrown, but a nice natural alternative to the many concrete trails in the area. After the first few hundred yards you won't see any more houses or fences unless you divert off the trail. Do bring your phone to track the trail. It's easy to miss it in some places.

It's completely overgrown and poorly marked. Bring a machete if you want to give it a shot.

Another weird trail that runs along people's property lines. Seems like there is just no place around here to walk without seeing houses.

Friday, June 10, 2016

sucked

Saturday, May 14, 2016

This trail has the potential to be fantastic but I was very disappointed at the lack of trail markers and then the eventual lack of a trail. There were multiple occasions where I had to use both the previously mapped hikes on this app and my own GPS to figure out where I was supposed to be and eventually even that failed me as I trekked through completely unmarked and very dense vegetation to get back to a known good spot. I only ended up getting about a mile and a half worth of hiking from this trail today (14May2016).

Sunday, March 27, 2016

trail is still muddy near the stream (3/27/16) everything is lush and green.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Trail sucked not well marked and unsure of actual trail whereabouts

Sunday, February 21, 2016

We just did this trail for the 3rd time today. We ended up getting so lost because markers ran out and didn't see the lake until we somehow ended up by camp David. It was crazy coming back but we made it. Still super fun!

Sunday, February 07, 2016

The trail is really cool. However it's still really flooded, so you can only complete 1/3 of the trail.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Was a nice trail, but dead ended halfway to lake due to high water. We came back the way we came and then detoured down some horse trails that weaved us in between some homes.

Good way to spend a Sunday, just wish we could have gotten the full hike.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I hiked the trail on Friday and yes the trail does end when you get to the creek. I did go to the left and found a simple way across and was able to pick up the trail to continue on. I ended up running into water later on but was able to hike around 4 miles or so.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Only made it about 1 mile in- Denton Creek is too full from all the recent rain.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Great for where it is, some decent diversity of terrain. much is flooded as of late Dec 2015 so muddy is places and in several areas the trail is completely submerged. not well marked but plenty of trail to find. Worth the scramble for adults but not with kids IMO.

Saturday, December 05, 2015

Not clearly marked, muddy and unmaintained.
NOT WORTH THE TIME OR DRIVE

Saturday, May 02, 2015

I come here often for a short walk with the dog. Night hiking is great here, too.

Quiet, barely ever see anyone else on the trail. Dog loves it, of course. Local, quick, fun and not heavily used. What else can you ask for in a trail that's 20 minutes away from home?

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Nice easy trail with a few hills getting down along the creek. A big hint is to turn right when you get to the small pond. Pretty depressing how low the lake is but still an enjoyable hike.