Rockledge Park Trailhead to the Murrell Park Trailhead

Rockledge Park Trailhead to the Murrell Park Trailhead is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Grapevine, Texas and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

The portion of the hike reported on here is only from Rockledge Park Trailhead to the Murrell Park trailhead and back. This single-track natural surface trail originates in Rockledge Park to the Southeast and terminates in Rockypoint Park with additional trailheads in Murrell Park and Twin Coves Park. The trail meanders along the shoreline of Lake Grapevine and at times also goes through thick hardwood forest. Wildlife viewing opportunities include fox, deer, rabbit and abundant waterfowl and birding year round. Drinking water is available at all trailheads with public restroom facilities located only in Rockledge and Murrell Park access. Parking is abundant. Trail conditions become very difficult (steep and very rocky) at Twin Coves Park. Be wary of heavy mountain bike use as the trail is shared by both hikers and bikers. Trail opens at 8am and closes at sundown

this trail is over run with bikers most of which don't notify you when they are being you making the walking stressful.
The trail itself is great and fairly easy bit not with the throngs of bikers

Don t pay the 5 dollars entrance fee and enter from street side

Nice walking and biking trail. Some great places for the dogs to cool off in the water too!

This trail was nice! Dog friendly and right by the lake. Had some cliffs. Not difficult. Pretty scenery. I'll def be back.

Really liked this trail. Very beautiful views in some areas. Great for my dogs as there is lots of access to water throughout as well as some good shade cover. Ran into a few bikers who were polite. It's a bit of a drive from East Dallas but I will definitely be coming back.

Great moderate training trail!

Great hike. like how trails runs through woods and along the water. interesting rocks. watch out for bikes.

My dogs love it !

This used to be a regular access point for Northshore on your MTB. Not anymore. Cost me $5 for a pain in the butt on my bike, when I could have accessed it for free elsewhere. And the park director was very impolite when we got stuck in the mess getting back to the vehicle and got back to the exit 5 minutes late. He probably would have locked us in the park, certainly seemed like that's what he was about to do.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great for hiking and walks on the beach, but the bike trail is no longer being maintained.

Access Northshore on your bike from Murrell park, not Rockledge!

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Great trails. Some wooded and some along the shoreline so it makes a fun hike. There were a lot of bikes but everyone was friendly.

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Love bringing my dog out to this trail. Very quiet, though many mountain bikers.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Awesome moderate trail. Mountain bikers every few minute. Most announce themselves. Bathroom doesn't have a working sink or water fountain. Views on the upper include the insides of some really fancy homes. Gate staff exceptionally welcoming and polite.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Beautiful view, which is a lot of what I was looking for. Not the right kind of trail for running, more for biking. Also, as a side note you have to pay $5 to park.

Friday, June 10, 2016

It was a great park, just make sure you put on bug say cause there is a problem with ticks. But besides that theres great views and a lot of different trails.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Park is open but there is a bridge down about a mile in. You can still go up and around to the rest of the trail.

Trail isn't very well marked and I bushwhacked/walked around in circles a couple of times. But it is very pretty. Dog liked it too. Ended up finding a spot by the lake and setting up my hammock for half an hour before I had to head back.

Definitely be sure you are comfortable hiking up steep and narrow portions of the trail. Slid a couple times going down.

Monday, August 31, 2015

This park is closed due to recent weather. Will probably be closed awhile.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

This is always a fun trail

Saturday, May 23, 2015

I almost don't want to tell you how awesome this place is at the risk of losing my perfect spot.

It is the best entrance to enter NORTHSHORE TRAIL, although they will charge you $5 a vehicle from this entrance, unlike the other entrances, it is totally worth it.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I really dug this place. I just started getting into hiking, but this is the kind of place I wanted to go to in my mind when I started doing this as a hobby. No paved trails, you can go off-trail a bit if you want, plenty of nature to see, and down by the water you can climb on all the rocks. I wish I wouldn't have went the day after it rained, but that's my fault. I didn't even go on nearly all the trails they have here, just the first leg. I plan on coming back earlier in the day when it's dry and really explore more. From the other reviews I see ppl complaining about all the trash, and yes there is some, especially down by the water, but it wasn't as bad as some were making out. Don't let your kids go barefoot though. Broken glass in several places by the water.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

The views are spectacular. There are rocky areas to climb. It feels like being at a rocky beach. My kids lived it. They went swimming in the lake. The only negative was litter and glass. Do not plan on being barefoot ever. Bring water shoes if you want to get in the lake. I highly recommend you bring food and spend one afternoon picnicking and hiking Rockledge. We will be back.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

I was impressed. Good trail to spend an afternoon!