Rock Garden Trail

Rock Garden Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Canyon, Texas that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Rock Garden Trail climbs from a field of boulders at the bottom of the canyon to the Rylander Fortress Cliff Trail along the canyons rim.

19 minutes ago

I'm a beginner hiker. This trail about killed me. But it really was amazing. Great views! There is some shade, but the heat of the day will definitely get you if you're not careful. We took our time and hiked for a couple of hours, and it was great. Very few people. Lots of lizards. Amazing views.

Loved this trail. I would recommend skipping going to the top of the rim and doing the trail up there. There are better views throughout this trail than you get from the top.

Fun hike with great views especially at the top. Not too hard for the average hiker.

A nice hike. Did it in November and didn't see another person til about lunch time

Did this on our second day of hiking. It was a little harder than the lighthouse trail due to the inclines during the hike. The trail ends at the top of the rim but take a left and you will be on a trail that runs along the rim and has some great views. The trail is unique as it is the one of two that go from the floor to the rim.

Did this trail on 9/4/16 on a cloudy day. A little bit of an incline almost all the way up and a few sections are quite steep. Watch out for those snakes, though! Saw a grand daddy rattler about 5' long at the top of this trail.........My favorite trail in the park!

Fun and a little challenging due to the incline. There are a couple of good places to sit and look out over the canyon. I hiked it with my 14 year old daughter and golden retriever. Great views along the way.

Great views and it's a doable add on to the Rock Garden Trail which is the only way to access it. There are no trail signs along the rim and many meandering small Spurs. It's hard to know which is the actual trail, but I would definitely do it again.

I love this trail! It's a little challenging but doable for most people. It offers amazing views from the rim, where it connects to the Rylander Fortress Cliff Trail.

Monday, May 09, 2016

My 3 kids and I hiked this trail. It was a great hike and might have pushed the kids to their limit (my kids are troopers). It took us a couple hours to the top. There are a few High areas of the trail that are very narrow with complete drop offs. This area made me a little nervous for my little ones. Awesome rock formations!!

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Badly marked. We followed what we thought was the trail on the rim of the canyon. Eventually the trail (and bright pink tree markings) died out. We kept going and reached a vehicle trail which looped back to the Rock Garden trail. Rock Garden and this impromptu Fortress Cliff trail combo ended up being about 11 miles total.