Riverplace Nature Trail

Riverplace Nature Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Greenshores, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

rock climbing

scenic driving

Great trail with tons of stairs. Even more challenging if you park at the park at the bottom of the neighborhood and run up all the hill, however this is not for the light of heart.

Saw a mountain lion! About s*** my pants!

A good hike in the Austin area and a lot of people agree considering the numbers on the trail.

Great experience and well maintained

Cant put any words to post my experience

Beautiful scenery, very shaded, and definitely a great workout with the elevation changes. Only complaint is the trail itself is very narrow and cannot fit 2 people wide. If you're with a group, you'll have to walk single file, and passing people can be tight. If you want lunch, brews, and a great view afterwards, hit up Oasis Brewery 15 mins away!

Love it! Done it about 15 times or so because I have to drive an hour to get to it. Started about two years ago walking it, now I run it and enjoy every second. Not easy, my Fitbit registers that I've done about 130 flights of stairs every time doing it but if challenging hikes are your thing, you will love it.

Nice trail. Beautiful views. Didn’t have the opportunity to see any water because it was dry the day we hiked it. A lot of stairs!

Really fun trail and hike. Lots of log stairs and a really good workout!

It was a great trail. Not too crowded. I work out a few days a week and this was pretty easy. I would rate it Moderate, not hard. It is a bit rocky is some areas of the trail.

Love this trail!

My favorite. Can’t wait to get back.

Really solid trail. Well kept, and gorgeous. I’m a huge fan. Originally I was scoffing at the “hard” rating, but it’s an absurd amount of stairs - so be aware of that. I’d recommend starting 8820 Big View Dr, so you do the majority of uphill at the beginning.

Great hike. Pretty busy on Saturday mornings, but very nice, well-kept trail.

This trail is not for someone who is out of shape. I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and hike on the weekends and I had to push myself. I’m still feeling it in my calves two days later. My dogs loved it and I want to keep doing it until it’s easier because I enjoy the challenge. Take plenty of water. I emptied my 2 liter Camelback.

Lots of climbing, and a creek along most of the path. Several benches and shade for breaks- lots of climbing and stairs but a great hike. Pretty busy on a Saturday afternoon but everyone was friendly and still lots of chances to feel alone.

Loved this trail! It was challenging and offered running opportunities.

In Austin, I think this is the best trail for a decent workout! It is very well maintained as well!

This my favorite trail so far

Great hike... a little busy... we are baby boomers in 50ies and 60ies and made in in. 2 1/2 hours... do doable if de entry fit... we also started at bottom
And walked up and back... well marked but no restroom or potable water... so be prepared

It’s a tough one. We did it last Saturday and took us 3 hours to bottom and then back up. 5 miles of hiking. Great leg workout!

Well-kept, varied terrain & elevation, scenic trail in the middle of a suburb. Would give it a 5 but very crowded at noon on a weekday—of course, that’s a sign of its popularity, so just the price to pay for a good hike.

Awesome trail for elevation change, also the views there are spectacular.

Enjoyed the hike. It was a bit busy when I went; however, the trail was very clean.

One of the hardest trails I've done in Austin. None of the stairs are brutal, but there are so many! Would definitely recommend you start at the end with the pond so you can have downhill on the way back.

fun trail, tons of stairs

Great Trail in the Greater Austin area. I parked at the bottom and did the out and back trail, a little over 6 miles according to the signage. Starts out easy, but definitely increases in difficulty closer to the upper trail head. 2,736 steps is no joke. For once the way back down felt a little easier than going up! Took me about 2:40 round trip. (That is with a rest at the top and a few photo ops along the way). Enjoy!

This was a scenic trail that ran along side a river for half the trail and then went up some texas hills. Starting from the bottom, the trail was pretty easy (although muddy from rain) until about halfway when the incline increased to fairly difficult (lots of steps) til the top. This trail took two hours up and back and with a snack break, being a fairly athletic person with a quick pace.

Awesome once again. Will keep coming back.

Amazing! Coming back to do it again!

really fun trail and well maintained with lots of stairs. It was great for the dog too, but I was bothered by the number of dogs off leash - I counted 18. Minus one star for crowd and off leash dogs, but I still recommend!