Riverplace Nature Trail

Riverplace Nature Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Greenshores, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

rock climbing

scenic driving

Great trail with tons of stairs. Even more challenging if you park at the park at the bottom of the neighborhood and run up all the hill, however this is not for the light of heart.

Awesome once again. Will keep coming back.

Amazing! Coming back to do it again!

really fun trail and well maintained with lots of stairs. It was great for the dog too, but I was bothered by the number of dogs off leash - I counted 18. Minus one star for crowd and off leash dogs, but I still recommend!

First time on this lovely trail today. Harder than most trails I have been on in the greater Austin area due to the elevation gain and frequent log stairs that require longer strides. I noticed some hikers on the trail using trekking poles which could be helpful especially for the 40 yr. old plus hikers like me. Overall a well maintained trail and perfect for fitness training. It is possible to make it a Loop by doing a short road walk at the end heading back toward to the nature trail entrance which reconnects to the main trail.

Clean, beautiful, shaded canopy. Lots of people and dogs. Felt safe. The water there is very clear. Had a great hike. Path is a bit narrow when passing or head on walking.

Tough hike.....but great workout and scenery!

Beautiful hike with great views of the surrounding hills! It is definitely strenuous due to all of the stairs and elevation climbs. This appears to be a very popular trail now with lots of people entering from both trailheads, and many were accompanied by their pets. If doing a full out and back is too much, you can opt to just follow the main road for about 2 or so miles back to your car once you reach the trailhead.

Beautiful & well maintained out (3 miles) & back

Great trail! About 3.3 miles one way, we usually bring two cars and drop one off at the end point so we don’t have to do the out/back trail. The elevation changes and stairs are intense and fun just didn’t want to do it twice and walking back through the neighborhood was torcher. I’m not a pro hiker though, so if you can do that trail twice yay for you! Impressive.

Love, love this hike! Lots of stairs, long treks up and back down. Just under 6 miles to top point and back.

This river place nature trail is an Excellent place for early Trails.

The trail provides beauty in nature and a good physical workout. Without the man built steps and a more rocky unimproved trail it would be difficult. I enjoyed it.

Trail running: I almost finished without having to stop and walk. With about a mile 1/2 to go, I'm getting tired but trudging along. Then I see another hiker and I stop and walk- my brain was like, "You don't wanna run past all slow like you're dieing, and you're only "running" just to be trying to show off". Well after a minute or so I start up again, and yeah I feel like I'm dieing as I pass her. But then, with about a mile to, I get some sort of pep in my step, and start going up them stairs easy. Wow, it was cool. But then, on the way back down, that pep went away, and I stopped once more on the longest incline. I didn't feel too bad, and I definitely still got a good workout.

Narrow challenging trail with two-way traffick. Very busy on Sunday afternoon, and too difficult for your small children. If you finish the 5.5 miles at a steady pace, you'll sleep that night!

Lots of nice shade. Tons of stairs. Very busy with lots of well-behaved dog friends. Great workout!

I really liked the challenge of this trail! I started out on the Panther trail and switched to the Canyon trail. The change in elevation and switchbacks gave me quite the workout.

Go early
Gets crowded

Really hard...especially in the summer

Beautiful trail. Too many people.

The hike is perfect for a 2.5hr walk, hike, jog. The trail is well signed and smooth enough for running with low ankle-turning risk. By my calculation the out/back clocked in at 6.5miles (from park restroom to top and back down).