Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Riverplace Nature Trail

Riverplace Nature Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Austin, Texas that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Please note: Effective March 2nd, 2019, there will be a $10 fee per day per hiker and $10 fee per animal per day. Credit Card Payments only. Children 12 and under with an adult are free. For more information visit the district website at www.RiverPlaceLimitedDistrict.org. Great trail with tons of stairs. Even more challenging if you park at the park at the bottom of the neighborhood and run up all the hill, however this is not for the light of heart.

stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs stairs

Not worth the poor person fee.

Great hike, got the heart rate up, especially on the way back to the trailhead. Did the other two smaller hikes at the park (at the turnaround point of the canyon hike) for a total of 7.5 miles. Went on Friday and didn’t have to pay $10, one of the locals I spoke with thinks that only applies on weekends.

Loved it!!! I'm a bit out of shape so my heart rate monitor registered at 180 BPM several times but it was definitely a great workout!!! Went from pond to end of trail and it registered 4.4 miles so not sure how it's only marked at 5.5 roundtrip.

Recommend!!!

I love this trail. The scenery is peaceful. Lots of trees. About 3 hour hike going up and down. There's an alternate way available for those that don't want to complete the full hike.

Very upsetting to know they are charging $10 per person, should be more like $5. But very grateful to have enjoyed this trail a couple of times before they started charging.

The view was ruined by development in the area and the trail was way to thin for people to walk both ways. My knees were killing me afterwards because because the whole trail was built with man made steps.

Really fun! Kinda wet in places. Not worth the eventual $10 access to nonresidents though.

Congratulations on keeping out the riff raff and their pets. I’ve donated multiple times while there, but the exhorbitant fee for every warm body on the trail means I will find more friendly places elsewhere even though I used to love this trail

This is an outstanding trail, but very challenging. There is 1000 feet of elevation and thousands of steps built into the trail. Really fun. BE AWARE: effective 3/2/19, the local homeowners will be charging $10 per person and per pet for trail use. Credit card only.

Big oof

Good stuff! One of the hardest trails I have done! A lot of elevation and climbing but it’s so worth it!

Big bend is $25 a week. $10 a day per person + $10 a dog is not a usage fee. It’s a plan to keep the riffraff out of River Place.

Great trail one of my favorites in Austin for trail running!

Unfortunately beginning March 2, 2019 they're going to start charging $10 PER PERSON (plus an extra $10 PER DOG) a day to access the trail. What used to be an amazing trail for training is unfortunately being privatized, because of this I'm leaving a 2-star review and a warning to anyone looking to give this trail a go in the future.

Epic out and back trail! Absolutely stunning views of Austin and the trail was so well kept up!

Get you some. Hard exercise but very doable. Pretty well shaded but plan ahead if hot. Bring lots water. Did the three miles up and back. Drastic elevation change to firm up those hineys. We were all sore but not like training for the Olympics sore.

Great trail! Slightly muddy but very well kept. It was quiet and just challenging enough. Be warned we saw a sign saying it was going to be $10 a person and $10 per dog starting March 2nd (credit card only). Not sure why but glad we got there before then. Not sure if it will be worth paying $30 for us to go back.

I love this trail. I would definitely classify it as hard, in that the ups and downs are a workout. The middle is awfully pretty. I used to do it almost daily when I was in the area often.

I have had a few few snake sightings.

It's a good hike to get your blood pumping. A good bit if it is in the shade.

It's worth the drive from Austin to do this trail.

A beautiful hike or run! It's a quiet evening run. Weekends can get busy especially on a nice day.

39 min from bottom of trail, but almost gave me a heart attack

Really fun trail with some difficult parts, but all together absolutely gorgeous. My dog, Soph, loved every minute of it, especially the creek so that she could drink water and play along the way.

Drove 3 hours for this one and it’s all worth it! The built in steps kick my behind , the river so calm so refreshing, indeed we’re so bless to have this natural beauty it’s Gods gift to mankind for us to enjoy and appreciate small things in life.

This is more of a workout than a hike! We loved it bc it’s well-marked, challenging and a beautiful stream through a canyon. The only downside is the end is a bit anticlimactic; there’s no sweeping view or lake at the end.

I would definitely mark this trail as hard, especially if you're out of shape. It was very beautiful and tranquil down by the creek, with a few pretty little waterfalls. The steps arent super hard, but you will feel the burn! Bring lots of water, and watch your step, it gets a bit slick on some parts.
There were quite a few benches to stop and take a breather while you enjoy the view or even sounds of the creek. I would highly recommend this to anyone who asks about it.

Definitely a pretty trail but fairly urban. A decent amount of stairs but it’s far from a “hard” rating. Very easy and not technical at all. I’d go again for sure and it’s one of my favorite in the area.

A nice morning hike, well traveled and maintained trail that feels like it’s a lot farther out of town than it is.

This is an awesome trail for hiking or jogging. There are a few creek crossings so you can’t run the whole time, but it’s nice to take a couple breaks anyway. My dog loves this trail because there is a creek the whole way and lots to explore. The end of this trail is a seemingly endless staircase that will give you an excellent workout, but you can turn around if you’re not in the mood. Really amazing and beautiful.