Riverplace Nature Trail

Riverplace Nature Trail is a 5.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Greenshores, Texas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

paddle sports

rock climbing

scenic driving

Great trail with tons of stairs. Even more challenging if you park at the park at the bottom of the neighborhood and run up all the hill, however this is not for the light of heart.

Beautiful hike with great views of the surrounding hills! It is definitely strenuous due to all of the stairs and elevation climbs. This appears to be a very popular trail now with lots of people entering from both trailheads, and many were accompanied by their pets. If doing a full out and back is too much, you can opt to just follow the main road for about 2 or so miles back to your car once you reach the trailhead.

Beautiful & well maintained out (3 miles) & back

Great trail! About 3.3 miles one way, we usually bring two cars and drop one off at the end point so we don’t have to do the out/back trail. The elevation changes and stairs are intense and fun just didn’t want to do it twice and walking back through the neighborhood was torcher. I’m not a pro hiker though, so if you can do that trail twice yay for you! Impressive.

Love, love this hike! Lots of stairs, long treks up and back down. Just under 6 miles to top point and back.

This river place nature trail is an Excellent place for early Trails.

The trail provides beauty in nature and a good physical workout. Without the man built steps and a more rocky unimproved trail it would be difficult. I enjoyed it.

Trail running: I almost finished without having to stop and walk. With about a mile 1/2 to go, I'm getting tired but trudging along. Then I see another hiker and I stop and walk- my brain was like, "You don't wanna run past all slow like you're dieing, and you're only "running" just to be trying to show off". Well after a minute or so I start up again, and yeah I feel like I'm dieing as I pass her. But then, with about a mile to, I get some sort of pep in my step, and start going up them stairs easy. Wow, it was cool. But then, on the way back down, that pep went away, and I stopped once more on the longest incline. I didn't feel too bad, and I definitely still got a good workout.

Narrow challenging trail with two-way traffick. Very busy on Sunday afternoon, and too difficult for your small children. If you finish the 5.5 miles at a steady pace, you'll sleep that night!

Lots of nice shade. Tons of stairs. Very busy with lots of well-behaved dog friends. Great workout!

I really liked the challenge of this trail! I started out on the Panther trail and switched to the Canyon trail. The change in elevation and switchbacks gave me quite the workout.

Go early
Gets crowded

Really hard...especially in the summer

Beautiful trail. Too many people.

The hike is perfect for a 2.5hr walk, hike, jog. The trail is well signed and smooth enough for running with low ankle-turning risk. By my calculation the out/back clocked in at 6.5miles (from park restroom to top and back down).

Very good trail for trail running.

This trail has a lot of steps, all pretty normal in height, no large step-ups from what I recall. At the north end, it's a lot of open trees, scrub type stuff, with some ups-and-downs. In the middle and the south end, your more in taller, leafy green trees with lots of vines and such.

The trail itself is very well maintained. No getting lost, either, signage is good. At each end rthere's a kisok with the trail map, pics of snakes, and blue walking sticks- trail running you would not have a stick, they're good for hiking. Lots of people there on a Fri morning, so a few times I did have to stop, squeeze by, wait for others, etc. But it was really no big deal.

All in all, great workout, very beautiful, easy to navigate.

Amazing hike! It’s actually 6 miles from top to bottom and back. 2,736 stairs one way.,.challenging but great!

Amazing trail. Loved every moment

Love this trail. Use this for Rim2rim Training. Best we could find in Austin area. It is a beautiful trail. Well maintained. Thanks for River Place HOA.